Fitbit Force thoughts

Options
Hey everyone, im curious about giving fitness trackers a second chance. I bought the flex back when it first came out and then returned it soon after because it was logging my hand movements as steps even if i was just sitting down. Now i dont know if it was just a faulty unit or what, but i see fitbit now released the force and im wondering if they've rectified this issue or if its still crap. I really like the concept of fitness trackers but their method of tracking activity seems pretty inaccurate if you ask me.. opinions?

Replies

• CodeMonkey78
    CodeMonkey78 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, im curious about giving fitness trackers a second chance. I bought the flex back when it first came out and then returned it soon after because it was logging my hand movements as steps even if i was just sitting down. Now i dont know if it was just a faulty unit or what, but i see fitbit now released the force and im wondering if they've rectified this issue or if its still crap. I really like the concept of fitness trackers but their method of tracking activity seems pretty inaccurate if you ask me.. opinions?

I am a Flex user myself; I am quite fond of it.

Yes, it will still log hand movement while you are sitting and make sudden motions, but I get around this by:
    - Taking it off while I am at my desk working. The FitBit devices are accelerometers; they will track motion.
    - Wear it on your non-dominant hand
    - Go through the FitBit configuration to make sure that the movement is not set to "Sensitive".

If that sounds like too much bull to go through, I hear a lot of positive reviews about the monitors that clip to your belt..

HTH! Good luck!
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options

I have a Force and I am sitting at my desk, and my ticker says 5,085. So I am going to wave my hand around wildly. Ok, some one just waved back at me . . .checking my fitbit. Still says 5,085.

OK Raula, you owe me now. The person I who thought I was waving at them was carrying red velvet mini cupcakes and thought I wanted one. See the sacrifices I make for my MFP friends?