Replies

• itsHealthy
    itsHealthy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Congratulations!
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I just noticed this post - that is fantastic Sandra!!
  • Lannister80
    Options
    Congratulations on your success!! that's so exciting. Re: the MS diagnosis, there are some amazing meds out there right now that can keep it at bay for a long time. Your healthy body + a good neurologist will really do wonders for you. (I grew up around MS, my mom and stepfather both had it.) It's just a curveball. ENJOY your huge accomplishment and accolades!
  • Kookyk9s
    Kookyk9s Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Super congratulations for you. You have earned this moment of fame.
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Yay that's awesome, congrats!!

Edit: Wow just noticed how much weight you have lost, thats a huge accomplishment.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    That's great!! I love that magazine. Surprisingly, that's where I find a lot healthy recipes and I love the stories. I always read the weight success stories. They inspire me!
  • kmclamb13
    kmclamb13 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You have done an excellent job.
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    congratulations hun!!! so happy for you!!
  • Valereee
    Valereee Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I just burst into tears when I saw your success story. I'm roughly the same weight as you when you started and at this point it seems like a daunting task. Thanks so much for sharing -- it's very motivating!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    All You Magazine is doing a story about my weight loss!Should be out in May or June according to what I was told. I did the interview last week and some follow up questions today. The photographer has contacted me about taking pics for the story. This doesn't seem real. I really couldn't have come this far without this site and all the people on here. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My advice: get paid for doing it. While it's great inspiration for many out there, using you to help sell their magazine should entitle you to some income.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • emilysfatsuit
    emilysfatsuit Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What an incredible tale of triumph! If you can lose 200, I can lose 80. I'm so glad MFP helped you, because now you're helping me and many others on MFP. I've never heard of the magazine, but I'll buy it if I see it when your feature appears in May/June. :)
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    amazing!! wtg!! congrats!!
  • frangrann
    frangrann Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    That is so cool. You look fabulous! Congrats!
  • BigSnicka
    BigSnicka Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    That's great news!!! Thanks for sharing!!!
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    All You Magazine is doing a story about my weight loss! Should be out in May or June according to what I was told. I did the interview last week and some follow up questions today. The photographer has contacted me about taking pics for the story. This doesn't seem real. I really couldn't have come this far without this site and all the people on here. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations that is great. I have been in a couple of magazines myself. ( about 2 years ago) Now you have to give us a bit of your story :smile: :smile:
    The basics....i was alway big....not big but BIG! i hit 200lbs in 3rd grade. Grew up being told how i needed to lose weight but then was given plates spilling over with food and being told i HAD to eat. Miserable in my school years, teased by everyone for my weight. I got engaged at 19 to the 1st guy that told me he loved me. He ended up being an abusive jerk. I wanted to leave him but i was 370lbs, working only part time, with 3 kids. I needed to get my life in order before i could take care of them. so i started working on me for the 1st time in my life. i cleaned up my life. started eating right. started exercising. got a job. and best of all, got out of that nightmare of a marriage. So i'm here now, over 200lbs smaller. happy with my kids. i have a boyfriend who is great to me. Life has thrown me a curve recently with a MS diagnosis last month but I'm still chugging along.
    Thank you for sharing! Awesome tale of triumph indeed!
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to read about that new curved ball, life has dealt you. Having come as far as you have puts you in a better place to handle it, especially with the best help possible by your side. Please find out as much as you can about it and get the best help you can.

All the very best and take great care of you all.
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success, YOU did this !!!
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    How wonderful! Congrats to you!
  • RachelX04
    RachelX04 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    that's awesome, congrats girl
  • MGinAK
    MGinAK Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Way to GO!!! You deserve all the accolades!!! Glad you are enjoying a happy life!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!