Food recommendation - US travel

Options
Altiv
Altiv Posts: 174 Member
Hi everyone!

I'm going to travel to the US this next month and I wanted to know if you could recommend me some healthy snack or breakfast foods, I'm mainly looking for no sugar, low carb (up to 20g), whole foods.

My main problem is that I usually eat for breakfast a homemade muffin with some milk, but I won't be able to cook those (way too much ingredients and will be staying with my uncles), so I wanted to know if there is any brand of cereal, muffin, etc. that I could use to replace those.

Also, some suggestions on yogurt brands will be greatly appreciated, and if they have fruit on them, even better ;) as well as some suggestions for a liquid stevia (as I'll be drinking a lot of tea to cope with the weather XD)

(Oh, yeah, I'll be eating plenty of nuts, but I'm looking for something different)

Thank you!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,960 Member
    Options
    Just go to the grocery when you get there - all the nutrition stuff is on the labels.

You'll be fine. It's not third world. Comparable products.
  • foreverslim1111
    foreverslim1111 Posts: 2,609 Member
    Options
    As for yogurt, I find that "Dannon Light & fit Greek Yogurt" is really great tasting. It has 80 calories and 12 grams of protein and some flavors have fruit on the bottom. Its makes a very filling snack, especially good after a workout. I think you will find it in most grocery stores in the US.
  • pmr545
    pmr545 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Cheerios (yellow box, not honey nut) with a sliced banana in some organic skim milk should do the trick for replacing the muffin. Measure out the serving size, about a cup. It only has 1g of sugar and doesn't taste good enough to want much more than the cup.

There are lots of good yogurts... the yoplait 100's in greek variety are tasty and there are many varieties of 100 cal or less yogurts. Here in Atlanta the yogurt section provides more selection than you can imagine.

Traveling is always a bit tricky for me because I tend to try the local recommendations which are rarely healthy. It's usually their pizza or their local joints.
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Watch out for HFCS in the yogurt.
    We put that stuff in everything

'Murica
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Stanfield organic is good yogurt, and they do both Greek and regular with fruit.
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Quaker oats. Bottom shelf, hidden b/c AMERICA WANTS YOU TO ONLY EAT SUGAR!!! BUAH HA HA HAHA.