Do you guys track on your birthday?

Options
2»

Replies

• jennycina93
    jennycina93 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I just had my 21st birthday and I most certainly did not track. If you are really making a lifestyle change, then you have to be able to fit these types of things in since they are a part of life. Happy early birthday and enjoy a nice cheat day :)
  • jennifries227
    jennifries227 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    My birthday is coming up, too, and I plan to track, but not to care. I know I'm going to go over on my calories, and I'm OK with that. It's my birthday, screw diets! But not tracking is just an excuse to be lazy to me, which is never a good idea. If I start making excuses I'll get off track very quickly.
    Just because you're tracking your calories doesn't mean you can't go over and have some fun. Enjoy yourself and do better the next day.

Happy Birthday!
  • jaseygalore
    Options
    It was my birthday last week and I had some interstate friends visit for the weekend. Needless to say I ate a LOT (almost 2700 calories on Saturday) but I recorded everything. I didn't want to have a strange and usual patch of missing data magically correlating with a plateau in my weight loss. How horrid!
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    My birthday was a few weeks ago. I tracked, just to see how much I ate. But I also treated myself and ate and drank what I wanted. Ask yourself this: Will tracking that day help you or will the anxiety of it ruin your day? Also, if you can't have a treat on your birthday, then I don't know when it's appropriate.
  • maQmIgh
    maQmIgh Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I track every single day.... But that does not mean that I stick to my calories :)

Having a treat evey now and then will not hurt (one day going over your daily calorie goals wont undo all your hard work)

Having said that, I log it so I can keep track of what sort of things ive eaten as well as how much of it.... more for my own interest than anything else.

Hope you have a fantastic birthday :)

:drinker:
  • rachrach7595
    rachrach7595 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I don't have "cheat days" as a regular thing, I think they are counter productive.
    That being said your birthday is your birthday and there will always be those special days when logging and low cal should not get in the way of life. I would still log but I would definitely treat yourself out to a nice meal and a few drinks :D
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Track, shmack. My birthday was on V-Day (double whammy). Normally, I would have put the cell phone away, but I'm doing the Walking Dead Challenge right now and have to stay on track or let my team down. It wasn't so bad. I didn't eat back my exercise calories the week before and used those calories to splurge on my birthday meal. It would have been nicer to not have to worry about it, but it also felt good knowing that I could have fun and celebrate and still meet my goals.

That's because Team Beth rocks! :drinker:
  • David_AUS
    David_AUS Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Key is not to be too obsessive on these things - if you have been logging of awhile you can almost just "bulk add" the calories at the end of the day instead of thinking through the whole list. It is easy to forget the beverages - If I do not track a given day I don't get too worried about it. So on any given day I log the details but my world does not end if I miss a day or two here or there.
  • cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    My plan is on my Birthday, Christmas, and Thanksgiving, I will eat whatever I want to. I can do that and be fine with going back to the diet the next day, but it just depends on you and what you can handle. Will indulging for one day sabotage you?

I totally agree with the above quote... I am not on a diet other than I am reducing the amount I eat until I get this wt. off then I will continue on the same "diet" with more calories... I feel birthdays, etc are part of LIFE and I will eat what I want and go back the next day... my birthday is Sat. and I will have cake, not the whole cake but cake none the less. oh and yes I'll track it.
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • TiffytVS
    TiffytVS Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Track, shmack. My birthday was on V-Day (double whammy). Normally, I would have put the cell phone away, but I'm doing the Walking Dead Challenge right now and have to stay on track or let my team down. It wasn't so bad. I didn't eat back my exercise calories the week before and used those calories to splurge on my birthday meal. It would have been nicer to not have to worry about it, but it also felt good knowing that I could have fun and celebrate and still meet my goals.

That's because Team Beth rocks! :drinker:

You know it!!! :glasses:
  • Jossies01
    Jossies01 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My birthday is at the end of the month and i'm going to eat whatever I want. If you don't allow your self a treat every now and then, especially on celebration days then you'll probably fail in the long run. I want to keep at a healthy way of living for the rest of my life. If I didn't get to have a slice of cake or a nice meal on my birthday each year, or have a huge roast and chocolates at Christmas i'd most definitely fail.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    lol Silly you:)
    Well, if I were going to get together with friends/family and have some sort of a fun time then NO certainly I would not track my cals, I would feast!!!
    But if I were not going to do something special on that day, I probably would track and make it a good day for dieting.
  • lunanoir24
    lunanoir24 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    don't track. You only get one (insert age here) birthday. So live it up. Eat what you want. And grab some best pals and go out dancing. ( burns lot calories) Have a Happy Birthday.:smile: