I'm starting P90X tomorrow...

Options
How would I log that in to my exercise log?

I'm doing the lean form of the program to jump start weight loss.

Replies

• tazzdevil007
    Options
    I have done two rounds of P90X (180 Days) and this Sunday I will start my 3rd Round so congrats on starting yours.The way I have been logging it down is that each exercise According to the beach body web site burns 600 calories on your exercise tab create a generic exercise cardiovascular put how long about 60min and in calories burned put 600,it has been working for me so give that a try............And remember always try your best and forget the rest....and also just keep pushing play!!!!
  • tierra85
    tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Im on my first round and im doing doubles. I did lean for the first phase but i felt i wanted more, so i switched to doubles for the second phase. I bought a heart rate monitor to get more accurate with my calorie burn but like tazzdevil007 does i was using approx 600 per disk.. except yoga (200). Best of luck to you!!
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    To be honest, to really know your calorie expenditure during each of the exercises during the week, you really need to invest in a heart rate monitor. I know the book says you burn 600 calories per day just through exercise, but I found that to be an exaggerated number for me personally. The only workout that gave me close to a 600 calorie burn was plyoX (generally around 550) and KenpoX (around 475-525).

Also, I know that the book says the Lean version is for better weight loss, but you might want to do Lean your first month to 'ease' into the program, and then follow the Classic schedule for months 2 and 3. I really find the Lean to be more like "P90X Lite." It's certainly not easy, but it is easier than the classic rotation with 3 days/week of true strength training.
  • skydiveskier
    Options
    I agree with the heart rate monitor post. Other than the fact that I have been burning close to 800 calories on strength days, including ARX.

If you aren't consistantly pushing your HR (heart rate) to 75-85%, then you might need to lift more. My RHR is 43, I maintain an average of about 130 and max at 175ish during ALL of the strength trainings... that equals about 775-800 calories in 85 minutes. BURN!

If you need any help, have questions, want an accounability partner, let me know. I've got 'Success Stories' on my website and want more!

Bring it!