Kind of new to here..

Options
I joined here a few days ago and have only just got around to introducing myself.
My name is Jennifer and my current weight is 136lbs. My aim isnt to lose weight so much as it is to get fitter, healthier and maintain a good weight. However i do want to slowly get back down to my previous weight of 126lbs.

One problem i am having is eating enough calories. My average calorie intake has been between 700 and 900 calories per day, instead of the recommended 1300. Any ideas on how to bump this up a bit with healthy snacks? Chocolate and crisps are banned =)

Replies

• Beebee78
    Options
    Welcome to the site!

Fruit, nuts anything healthy to snack on really will help - also if you're really struggling, protein shakes will help you xxx
  • gardens
    Options
    i only joined here too, but since joining i read a post that explained eating below the recomended is very bad for you so yea here is an idea i use to boost up the calories healthly, it's a make called mash direct, beetroot and cabbage, sounds terrible tastes delicous
  • katkat987
    katkat987 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Well so far i've added a banana and cereal bar into the equation, and i think i might get some cashew nuts. Thanks x