Hypothyroidism

Options
I'm meeting today with my doctor. Unfortunately, I never remember what I'm going to so when I get there. He pushes for medication. Does no one have a thyroid condition?do you take medicine? How long hve you been on it? Do you feel like it has helped with weight, headaches,fatigue, etc?

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately medication is the only way to go unless you are borderline. I have been on medication about 12 years. Before I went on medication I kept locking keys in cars and forgetting everything. The brain fog and fatigue was horrible. It took between 2 weeks and a month for the symptoms to clear up. After I was on the medication I noticed my skin hair and nails got better. As far as weight, at least I stopped gaining but losing is still a struggle but something I have to do.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I have Hashimoto's (autoimmune thyroid disease). I was gaining rapidly before my diagnosis. My endocrinologist told me that taking Synthroid would enable me to lose just like anyone else. Wrong. I lost way more slowly than most MFPers—it took me a whole year to lose 20 lb. But I lost, and you can too.

MFP has a Hypothyroidism and Hyperthyroidism group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/770-hypothyroidism-and-hyperthyroidism