My Insanity Blog from Day 1

Options
I have literally just started this yesterday and joined here to try an post on my experiences and to keep going through motivation.

Well i am 35, male and unfit. I have not done anything like this since school. I started jogging last year and got from a 6 minutes jog to 40 minutes, but then stopped. I can just about manage 25 minutes slow jog now.

I am of a slight frame so not on the large side but do have a bit of big chin and beer belly so to speak due to lack of exercise and snacking, eating junk due to the nature of my job. I want to lose the chin and belly and tone up. Not bothered about losing weight as like a say i am small boned and if anything i need to put on more weight. More importantly i want to get fitter.

Didnt realise this would be so hard.

Fitness test:

Switch kicks 31 or 62 (not sure if 2 kicks count as 1)
Squats 25
Power kicks 35
Power jumps 10
Rotational jump 4
Suicide jumps 5
Push up jacks 2
Plank Obliques 20

Pretty poor when i compare with others on here and other forums, so main aim is to improve on the firness test.
I have tried to keep good form rather than count poor formed exercises therefore took a few breaks to recover to do good form.

Day 2:

No way i could complete that. I stuck with it properly until about 15 minutes to go. Had a small break when needed. The 4 sets of push ups just killed me. I fell to the floor.....need to ease into to these exercises a bit more. I done what i could and substituted with jogging, star jumps, mountain climbing etc to keep my body moving. Next time i will try the knees on floor push ups. I sort of completed it and now im very sore.

Im thinking of doing this for a few weeks, getting my body in better shape and mastering the exercises then starting over again.

Anyway Day 2 compete.