Carbohydrates and weight gain

I have started eating carbohydrates again after cutting them out for roughly 3 months. I had to start eating them because I am running around three times a week with two sessions of gym between the running sessions(all sessions are 60minutes). I want to gain a little bit of weight (2kgs) because I am slightly underweight. I have been having rye bread, oatmeal and pasta as my staple carbohydrates so far but I don't know if these are enough? I am just wondering what other carbohydrates I can eat too... bearing in mind I have a wheat intolerance. I know fruits like bananas also have carbohydrates in them so I am also consuming at least one banana a day, I also eat a lot of protein. Anyone with some knowledge and advice they could share would be appreciated. :)

Replies

• HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Beans, potatoes (red, white, sweet), cereal, veggies, dairy, rice, fruit, granola....

Whether it's enough is individual and based on your caloric needs.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Beans, potatoes (red, white, sweet), cereal, veggies, dairy, rice, fruit, granola....

Whether it's enough is individual and based on your caloric needs.

all of these plus doughnuts!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Ice cream
  • ubermofish
    ubermofish Posts: 102 Member
    Have you considered the leangains method instead of gorging on carbs?

http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Ice cream

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Graham crackers & Marshmallows
  • OverDoIt
    OverDoIt Posts: 332 Member
    Vitargo
  • Kany
    Kany Posts: 336
    Rice works.
  • harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    Apples and fruit in general. Carrot, potato. Honey.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    I have started eating carbohydrates again after cutting them out for roughly 3 months. I had to start eating them because I am running around three times a week with two sessions of gym between the running sessions(all sessions are 60minutes). I want to gain a little bit of weight (2kgs) because I am slightly underweight. I have been having rye bread, oatmeal and pasta as my staple carbohydrates so far but I don't know if these are enough? I am just wondering what other carbohydrates I can eat too... bearing in mind I have a wheat intolerance. I know fruits like bananas also have carbohydrates in them so I am also consuming at least one banana a day, I also eat a lot of protein. Anyone with some knowledge and advice they could share would be appreciated. :)

Baked sweet potatoes.
    Roasted sweet potatoes.
    Mashed sweet potatoes.
    Baked potatoes.
    Roasted potatoes.
    Mashed potatoes.
    Beans.
    Lentils.
    Rice.
    Quinoa.
    All fruits.
    All veggies.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    My primary sources of carbs...

- potatoes/sweet potatoes
    - pasta
    - bread (I am partial to sourdough and sourdough rye)
    - rice
    - oats and other grains and seeds
    - beans/legumes
    - veggies
    - fruit
    - yummy carboliscious stuff like doughnuts and ice cream pretty much once a day.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    You could also eat more protein and fats: they have the calories that will make you gain weight. Especially the fats.