Finding it hard shifting the fat on highs and booty!!

Options
Hi All,

I am finding it incredibly difficult to shift the fat from my thighs and bottom- I have always been bottom heavy and I don't mind the curves at all but I want them to be smooth not dimply!

I am trying to ween myself into exercise slowly and I am thinking of investing in an exercise bike- as well squats, lunges etc.

Some guidance would be great :-D

Micha x

Replies

• mochamommy
    mochamommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I have heard lunges and squats. Also pilates legs
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    You can't "shift" fat, you can't spot reduce. Continue eating at a deficit and lower your overall body fat %. Unfortunately if it's your trouble spot then it's likely the last place to lose. Incorporate heavy lifting so you are preserving lean muscle.
  • RhysWill_I_Ams
    Options
    Hi All,

I am finding it incredibly difficult to shift the fat from my thighs and bottom- I have always been bottom heavy and I don't mind the curves at all but I want them to be smooth not dimply!

I am trying to ween myself into exercise slowly and I am thinking of investing in an exercise bike- as well squats, lunges etc.

Micha x

lots of squats, deadlifts, incline walking, flutter kicks and mountain climbers (these are killers by my god they work your legs so well, definitely worth it! Good luck!
  • weber22c
    Options
    You can't "shift" fat, you can't spot reduce. Continue eating at a deficit and lower your overall body fat %. Unfortunately if it's your trouble spot then it's likely the last place to lose. Incorporate heavy lifting so you are preserving lean muscle.

Absolutely this. Working a particular muscle can help "firm up" the area in the sense that you are building that muscle group, but if you are not also lowering body fat by eating at a deficit/doing cardio, you're just building up the muscle under the same amount of fat.

Personally, I just focus on being a healthy weight and being at a strength I like.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    You look quite small from your photo. Do you really have 25 lbs to lose?
  • Micha121
    Options
    lol that photo is fairly deceiving...but I am small on top just larger at the bottom- typical pear!
    You look quite small from your photo. Do you really have 25 lbs to lose?
  • Micha121
    Options
    And thank you guys...helpful advice :-D

xx
  • nicolabarratt267
    Options
    I'm trying to firm up my bum and so as well as doing cardio I'm doing the 30 day squat challenge. Basically, you start off on around 50 squats on day 1, increasing by around 5-10 squats each day until the 30th day you do around 260 squats. Google it.
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Micha x

Hi. Just like others have said, ya can't spot reduce. I wish you could tho, we have similar body types and no matter what my butt & thighs are the last place I lose from.

One thing that stood out to me though, you say you want them to be "smooth, not dimply" This sounds to me more like cellulite. Don't freak out, it's not a dirty word, everyone has it, even super skinny people, it's just simply the connective tissue in the layers of dermis underneath the epidermis. For some people that connective tissue grows spread out (think: Fishnet stockings) and so those spots pull down and causes dimpling. Unfortunately, there's not much you can do about cellulite, though there are TONS of products out there claiming they will, but like the magic diet pills, instead of sucking fat from your body they're just gonna suck your wallet dry :-( I've heard that housewives in the past have used a wooden rolling pin to massage the areas, it supposedly breaks down the connective tissue and smooths out dimpling.

My best suggestion...accept the fact that everyone has cellulite, it's not a dirty taboo word, and learn to love every single aspect of yourself, dimples and all :-) Good luck!
  • EmpoweredMimi
    EmpoweredMimi Posts: 18 Member
    Options

THIS!