Everything normal but very low BMR

Options
Hi!
It's my first time posting here.
Today I had my basal metabolic rate measured and my body composition analysis. I'm 32 years old female, 166 cm tall and I weigh 55 kg - which gives a BMI 20.

My other results were 20.9% body fat, my fat free mass index 16.7, body water 59.4%. My BMR according to these results should be 1266kcal. But when they measured with calorimetry test it was only 950 ! (I did it in the morning, I haven't exercised or eaten prior to that).

I really want to speed up my metabolism. I'm already eating 5 smaller meals a day (around 2000 kcal daily), I drink a lot of water and coffee, I try to eat as clean as possible, including all food groups. I work out daily (30 min of calisthenics or pilates, 45-60 biking, running, aerobic classes, interval training...). What else can I do?

I don't want to lose weight, maybe gain a few kilos and I'm not looking in lowering my body fat - just increasing my bmr. Can someone help me with this. I really appreciate it!

Replies

• geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Although there is the possibility you have a lower than average BMR prior to weight loss, BMR/TDEE calculations reflect estimates for persons who naturally have the stats entered without influence of weight loss. If you've lost weight, then your BMR/TDEE will likely have decreased.

If you just recently started upping calories following s deficit, your BMR will gradually recover and cap out. Beyond that, increasing muscle mass will be the only means. At 20% bf, you are in a great spot to bulk.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Increase your muscle mass.