35 lbs by June

Options
I'm 5'8, 21 210lbs (which I can't seem to get past)

My goal by June is to be 175lbs, and ultimately 150lbs.

Is 35lbs by June possible.

I go to the gym at bare minimum 3 times a week (usually 7 days, 3 days is a busy week)

I HATE running lol

But I'm not afraid of cardio in other ways, elliptical, stair climber, stationary bike, etc.

My biggest problem areas are my stomach and thighs. I do weights but I'm honestly not sure how many reps to do or what i should do but I try to push myself when I lift.

Can anyone give some advice? Is this possible? Are there any vitamin supplements that I can take to aid me? Any advice will be accepted!!!

Replies

• nerdfighter1997
    Options
    bump
  • KatissimusDorsi
    Options
    Losing that much weight in a short time could be difficult, especially if you're looking for all of that to be fat and not say, water weight. Here's the math on that:

1 pound = 3,500 calorie deficit
    35 pounds = 122,500 calorie deficit from today until June

Weeks until June = 14
    122,500 calories in 14 weeks = 8,750 calorie deficit per week until June (2.5 pound lost per week required)
    8,750 spread over 7 days per week = 1,250 calorie deficit per day

Considering that a rough estimate of your total daily calorie burn right now (based on your height, age, weight and gender and assuming a moderate activity level) is 2450 calories per day, you would have to eat ONLY 1,200 calories per day for 14 weeks to achieve your goal.

If you only ate 1,200 calories per day I would potentially suggest a multi-vitamin since with that low of a calorie range you're likely not getting all of the nutrients you would need.

My advice would be to simply go on a light deficit that you could maintain for the long run, since you have a long-term goal of 150 pounds. So something like a small deficit of 300 calories.

It will take longer, but it will help prevent rebounding and will make your life until June more enjoyable.

Let me know if this helped or if you have any other questions!
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I think that at your weight is will be difficult to lose 35 pounds in such a short amount of time. That's really only a little more than 3 months, so it would have to be more than 2 pounds lost a week, which isn't really reasonable given your current weight.
    You can't really rush weight loss that way /: I know it'd be ideal to be "skinny by summer," but it just doesn't work that way.