I am amazed how this all works!!

Options
Mar22ie
Mar22ie Posts: 39 Member
A month and a half to two months of working out to Jillian Michaels and nothing. I have been counting calories for 3 days and I have lost 1 pound! I know it's small, but it's a huge deal to me. It's like the first dollar made in a million dollar deal. You love that first dollar. I have realized that I was just greedy. 3 cupcakes at 400 calories each does not a healthy body make. I thought working out I would burn off those calories. I burned off some, but of course not all. This is really a good day for me. I am very happy I found this site, and that I am learning the art of counting calories. I also have found that I don't have time to stress out about things that really make no difference. My mind is occupied with something else. I have a history of anxiety and depression.I have chosen to stay off medication for about a year now. It made my heart skip beats and also gain weight. Sugar makes my anxiety and depression worse. I have found that I am calmer and have been sleeping better. I am very excited about this journey that I am on. To everyone on here, good luck on your journey as well. :happy:

Replies

• Jollyin14
    Jollyin14 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 1lb loss. This site is amazing. It really opens your eyes to the things you ingest. Keep at logging and keep doing the DVD....I did it and didn't lose much weight doing I but certainly lost inches. Throw some cardio in and you will see the lbs drop fast! Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Congrats on that first "dollar"!
    Welcome!

sounds like a great person Ah HA moment
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You've just discovered that weight loss really is 80% nutrition and 20% exercise. Keep logging your food and continue with your DVD workouts and you should continue to see success.
  • Mar22ie
    Options
    Congrats on the 1lb loss. This site is amazing. It really opens your eyes to the things you ingest. Keep at logging and keep doing the DVD....I did it and didn't lose much weight doing I but certainly lost inches. Throw some cardio in and you will see the lbs drop fast! Good luck!:flowerforyou:

Thank you!
  • Mar22ie
    Options
    Congrats on that first "dollar"!
    Welcome!

sounds like a great person Ah HA moment

Thanks so much!
  • Mar22ie
    Options
    Congrats! You've just discovered that weight loss really is 80% nutrition and 20% exercise. Keep logging your food and continue with your DVD workouts and you should continue to see success.

80/20 --- A real lightbulb moment for me and thanks!
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options

It took me a looooooooooong time to figure this out. Now I workout for fitness not to lose weight.
  • eAddict
    eAddict Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Great news! Keep it up and always remember the feeling of that first lose when you start to Plateau! Have a GREAT journey!
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    With both of those going as the same time (healthy eating and exercise)... you will be hit goals in no time!
  • perpetuallyfit
    perpetuallyfit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    WTG!! You set the ball rolling and that is the biggest hurdle you just crossed!! You can do it, girl!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • kiwigal41
    kiwigal41 Posts: 1,059
    Options
    great work!!!.....just keep at it and you will see some more results......invest in a food scale and weigh everything!!....feel free to add me if you like.....I live here....:)
  • Cracken99
    Cracken99 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I also work out for fitness and not for weight loss, so freeing and makes exercise much more enjoyable. I want better endurance and to be strong in my core, that is why I work out. Plus if I skip a day I am not "off track" with my weight loss. Last week had a big loss of 2 lbs and I was sick so I did not work out but I kept my calories at goal. Glad to see your starting to make the connections!
  • tufchic
    tufchic Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yup one of my friends said "You get fit in the gym and lose weight in the kitchen."