Need a delicious dinner recipe for in laws please

Options
sillyvalentine
sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
My in laws (mom, dad and brother) are coming to dinner next week and I want to cook something spectacular for them.

The only condition is that it can't have mustard, ketchup, mayo or any other sauce or condiment. BBQ sauce is the only exception. (I know! Picky Picky)

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Replies

• oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I could never understand the concept of cooking something spectacular for in-laws. Put their food on the counter, caution them not to cut their lip on the can, and have them sleep on a futon.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    lasagne!
  • raventwo
    raventwo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My best recommendation because we really need to know more - do they eat seafood, pork, poultry, prefer beef?

Go to pinterest. com and do a search for recipes - many low carb, lower calorie (or no restrictions) recipes there. It's not just photos! You will see the dish and be able to click through to the site with the recipe and directions.
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Crock pot Balsamic Pork Roast.
    I made this a couple weeks ago and it was delicious. Thank you Skinnytaste.com

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2014/01/crock-pot-balsamic-pork-roast.html#more
  • sillyvalentine
    Options
    I could never understand the concept of cooking something spectacular for in-laws. Put their food on the counter, caution them not to cut their lip on the can, and have them sleep on a futon.

HAHAHAH! I just dribbled my water I laughed so much! Good one
  • sillyvalentine
    Options

This is a definite frontrunner!
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Salmon, salad maybe a baked sweet potato. Oh wait, can I come.
  • sillyvalentine
    Options

Unfortunately we don't BBQ in the middle of winter :) It's kind of covered in snow and ice. I wish we could though!
  • sillyvalentine
    Options
    Salmon, salad maybe a baked sweet potato. Oh wait, can I come.

Some kind of salmon recipe might be good
  • sillyvalentine
    Options
    My best recommendation because we really need to know more - do they eat seafood, pork, poultry, prefer beef?

Go to pinterest. com and do a search for recipes - many low carb, lower calorie (or no restrictions) recipes there. It's not just photos! You will see the dish and be able to click through to the site with the recipe and directions.

I'm there right now. So much baking though. Hard to rifle through it all.

Any food goes. Like I said, the only condition is the condiments and sauces.
  • brandi712
    Options

It really was fabulous. I had oven roasted asparagus as a side.
  • sillyvalentine
    Options

It really was fabulous. I had oven roasted asparagus as a side.
    [/quote

It looks wonderful! Even if I don't use it for the inlaws, I will keep this recipe on hand
  • Dreamingallday
    Options
    http://eat-drink-love.com/2014/02/white-chicken-spinach-enchiladas/

Chicken spinach enchiladas. :)

If you are ever in a bind for recipes, I find foodgawker.com to be a great for finding something. You can even tailor your searches if you want chicken, beef, greek,vegan... anything really. It links you to a bunch of blogs around the web, so your options are endless. :D
  • oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    If you make that pork dinner. For desert cut apples into quarters and roast in oven the drizzle balsamic vinegar over them. A nice 100% Agave Anejo Tequila for an adult beverage.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    When we had guests, I made the chicken cordon bleu from Skinnytaste with roasted baby potatoes and a green beens/grape tomatoes/red onion salad (with just wine vinegar and olive oil). And a horribly unhealthy but delicious apple crumble pie with ice cream for dessert.

Everything was a hit.
  • brandi712
    Options
    If you make that pork dinner. For desert cut apples into quarters and roast in oven the drizzle balsamic vinegar over them. A nice 100% Agave Anejo Tequila for an adult beverage.

OMG! Wish I knew this when I made it. Definitely next time...THANKS
  • kellyallday
    kellyallday Posts: 137 Member
    Options
  • Cracken99
    Cracken99 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My go to company dinner is a Pork Loin Roast, roasted baby potatos and roasted asparagas with a garden salad. Not too much effort for anything.

I tried the Skinny Taste Balsalmic Pork roast and it was really dry, maybe I overcooked it in the crockpot??

Made incredable Fish Tacos last night (Pinterest-Fitness magazine) using the battered cod from costco (150 cal a piece) and they were incredable, warm corn tortillas, cabbage, pico de gallo, sour cream/lime sauce, avocado, cheese...delish. Will be making these for company next time.
  • NapsAndNachos
    Options
    Julia Child's Boeuf Bourguignon. Takes a few hours to make, but is very delicious and nice during winter time. The recipe is all over the Internet.