Anybody interested in a 30 Day Shred/C25K combo?

Options
2»

Replies

• pinkvici
    pinkvici Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    What type of schedule are you planning on doing? I'm on week 5 of C25K and have been doing 30S on my off days from jogging. I felt like I wasn't exercising enough so this week I started doing C25k/30S or cardio/30S each day instead of switching. Only my second day doing this but really starting to feel the burn. I moved up to Level 2 of 30S and its killer but so worth it.

How have you found this to work out? I'm also on week 5 of C25K and just started doing the 30DS. Wondering if I should run my 3 days per week and then do the 30DS on the days I do not run, or if I should just do the 30DS every day (w/run days). I want results, but don't want to be so beat I can't move...lol! Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

I am interested in this too - I'm on week 7 C25K but may have to re-do as I'm finding this week very hard. I'm currently doing strength training 2/3 times per week, but thinking of doing 30DS in the mornings as it's quick and gets me going (whereas I struggle to run first thing!).
  • cupkate30
    cupkate30 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just started doing both. Usually I'll do my 30 DS video and then follow that up with a leisurely walk of about 3/4 of a mile, which helps get some of that post 30DS soreness/stiffness out of my legs. Then I'll do a brisk walk/jog for about 2 miles. My legs feel tired, but doing this all back to back really makes me feel like I'm getting a good workout in. I'm not following the C25K program exactly (yet) because I have flat feet that give me alot of pain when I exercise and limits my running capabilities. Hopefully my new running shoes I bought today can help with this and as I lose weight I'm sure that will as well.
  • cjbsnb
    cjbsnb Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm looking to start both programs March 1 or 2! I'll make a group to keep us motivated if I can get enough interest!

I'm in week 5 of C25K and just stared the 30 day shred. Interested to see how things are going and how you set up the 30DS with the C25K (did you do 30DS everyday even on run days, or alternate). If you start a group, I'd be interested in joining.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
  • alexandriamarino
    alexandriamarino Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this. I just finished week 3 of c25k and starting next week i'd like to find something for Tue and Thu when i'm not running. Will order 30 day shred today!
  • alexandriamarino
    alexandriamarino Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    did level 1 today. i think having done the c25k for a few weeks helped a lot, because it was hard but not as rough as i feared based on some of the comments i've seen here. how are y'all doing?