BK Big King Review

Options
2»

Replies

• ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Overall, it was pretty underwhelming. The bread was kinda bland and the beef itself was kinda rubbery. They try to say that "flame broiled is better" but that wasn't the case.

It's not actually flame broiled anyway. Most of the fast food places just put chemicals on the food to simulate the taste of real burgers.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Overall, it was pretty underwhelming. The bread was kinda bland and the beef itself was kinda rubbery. They try to say that "flame broiled is better" but that wasn't the case.

It's not actually flame broiled anyway. Most of the fast food places just put chemicals on the food to simulate the taste of real burgers.

It actually is flame broiled. Burger King burgers are cooked in a gas broiler over flame heat, as opposed to McD's which cooks on a griddle.
  • ahamm002
    Options

It actually is flame broiled. Burger King burgers are cooked in a gas broiler over flame heat, as opposed to McD's which cooks on a griddle.

But at a lot of BK's they then store the burgers and later microwave them to heat them up. So technically yes they were exposed to flame, but that's not what I think of when I hear "flame broiled."
  • jonnythan
    Options

But at a lot of BK's they then store the burgers and later microwave them to heat them up. So technically yes they were exposed to flame, but that's not what I think of when I hear "flame broiled."

That may be, sure, but they're still "flame broiled" and they don't have "chemicals to simulate the taste of real burgers." Burger King, Wendy's, and McDonald's don't add any chemicals to their beef at all (except that McD's adds a little salt and pepper).

So your first post on the topic contained two straight-up false statements, and I am correcting those.
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    When I worked at Dairy Queen we had a grill that we threw the burgers on and they'd go through it. Once they came out on the other side they'd be stored in a tray. We were typically pretty good about using them up before they went bad.

Now the fish on the other hand after 30 minutes would need to be replaced but sometimes we'd forget to do it and it'd get really soggy. I rarely if I remember served one and would tell the customer it'd be better to wait for one to be deep fried as it only took 4 minutes to cook.

I hate soggy fish/chicken with a passion. If I'm going to eat something fried I want it to be crunchy.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    not sure why anyone would think a well done burger would be any good
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    This is how I felt about Wendy's Pretzel Bun Bacon Cheeseburger, but I kept eating them just to make sure.

now this.. i'm disappointed to hear :brokenheart:
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    This is how I felt about Wendy's Pretzel Bun Bacon Cheeseburger, but I kept eating them just to make sure.

I was disappointed too. I wanted to love it but it really didn't have a ton of flavor to me.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    not sure why anyone would think a well done burger would be any good

there's good and there's good.

i prefer a medium rare burger when i trust the meat, but when it's fast food, i want to make sure all those potential pigeon wings, rat tongues and cow hooves are cooked as much as possible.
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    So you gorged yourself on the Big King as a public service? Okay, gotcha.

Eating food doesn't mean gorging and being judgy doesn't burn calories. ;)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jonnythan
    Options

I was disappointed too. I wanted to love it but it really didn't have a ton of flavor to me.

I loved the hell out of that burger and almost cried when they discontinued it.
  • Binky_Muffin
    Binky_Muffin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Nothing beats a Harvey's burger.... (salivating like Homer Simpson)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

tumblr_m0phtiFpPU1rqfhi2o1_500.gif
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options

Eating food doesn't mean gorging and being judgy doesn't burn calories. ;)

Bwahahahaha. Maybe if he wags his finger a little harder to burn some calories...
    babu.gif
    I was within my calories goals for the day.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    No avi, no care
  • ahamm002
    Options

That may be, sure, but they're still "flame broiled" and they don't have "chemicals to simulate the taste of real burgers." Burger King, Wendy's, and McDonald's don't add any chemicals to their beef at all (except that McD's adds a little salt and pepper).

So your first post on the topic contained two straight-up false statements, and I am correcting those.

That's great for when you're getting a plain burger patty without any sauce or a bun. But buns and sauces that they drown the patties do have artificial additives b/c the patties would probably taste pretty bad w/o them.

And then you have to ask yourself if you consider Pink Slime to be real beef . . . although I guess most of the big chains recently stopped using that secondary only to negative publicity.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    That's great for when you're getting a plain burger patty without any sauce or a bun. But buns and sauces that they drown the patties do have artificial additives b/c the patties would probably taste pretty bad w/o them.

And then you have to ask yourself if you consider Pink Slime to be real beef . . . although I guess most of the big chains recently stopped using that secondary only to negative publicity.

You appear to be trying to backpedal on your original claim here:

Bottom line: the Burger King burgers are flame broiled, though they may be reheated in a microwave later that day. And most fast food places do not put any chemicals on the food "to simulate the taste of real burgers" unless you count salt, pepper, ketchup, and pickles.

And just so everyone knows, the beef patties at McDonald's, Wendy's, and Burger King contain nothing other than ground beef. No added chemicals.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options

You can order them fresh off the broiler. Will take longer to get your order, but they'll make it fresh for you. I managed a BK for about 9 years some time ago.

ETA: The Big King actually came out some years ago. I imagine they quit making it for a while, then reintroduced it.
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    ANGRY WHOPPER IS ALL YOU NEED!
  • scottYBRIDGEWATER
    Options
    Aw, another newb has arrived to shout out just how bad fast food is.
    snookineedtogo.gif

Try a salad.