Weigh In

Options
So do you guys think it's okay to weigh first thing in the morning? Or is that just giving you false hope?

Replies

• Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    probably the best time to weigh in, right after you use the bathroom. at least that's what i do. and it's not false hope if you've done the work the days before, it's progress. :)
  • melissafaith24
    melissafaith24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    its when you get your true weight...however as long as youre consistent with the time you weigh in each week then youre getting a true reading.
  • CarolynnW
    CarolynnW Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have always been told that your true weight is first thing in the morning as well, after using the bathroom. ;)
  • Maitlyn
    Options
    I agree with what everyone else says...your true weight is in the morning.
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I always WI first thing in the morning. I think when ever you do it, as long as you WI at the same time every week you should be getting your true weight
  • carreen
    carreen Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    The amount of weight lost will be accurate as long as you weight in at the same time of day each time you weigh. Just pick 1 time (any time) and stick to it.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I like the morning weigh in, because it offers the least amount of variation. If I weight in at another time of day, then I wonder if I ate more that day, or less and how much of the weight is just food sitting in my system waiting to be digested.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I weigh in first thing in the morning after good bowel movement, in my unders, but I usually weigh the least mid-day for some reason (especially after the gym)
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I like the morning weigh in, because it offers the least amount of variation. If I weight in at another time of day, then I wonder if I ate more that day, or less and how much of the weight is just food sitting in my system waiting to be digested.

This.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I believe morning is the best time. I've always weighed myself after I well use the bathroom as one other member said. I try to keep the same type of clothing on, the same clothing or none at all. And if you wait til later who knows what you've eaten and drank.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    okay the well wasn't meant to sound like 'well use'. I meant to put a comma there somewhere.
  • A_shelton316
    A_shelton316 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for all the info!! I weighed this morning and I had lost two pounds I didn't want to get my hopes up but if its the true weight I'm so happy that puts me at a 7lbs less whoo hooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!