Hoping to find a DAILY check in/accountability buddy!!

Options
Hi everyone!! I've been on here for a while and in the past have been able to get a good start on my weight loss/healthy lifestyle goals, but always seem to fall off the wagon for one reason or another, and I end up not logging my food or even logging in to MFP at all. So, for that reason, I am looking for someone (or a couple people) that would want to be an "accountability" buddy with me.

I’m hoping to find someone that would be willing to check in with each other every day, share food diaries, and hopefully be a strong support system, especially on the days/weeks when it’s just HARD to make good choices or force yourself to exercise. I’m open to challenges too (“let’s lose 5 pounds in 3 weeks” type things), or just making sure the other one is logging in and logging food. I am open to whatever, but just looking for someone that will fight the good fight along side me, so we can support each other.

Anyhow….. I am a 31 year old single mother to a six year old daughter, I am 5’6, and my current weight is 199 pounds. (If anyone cares, I am ALL apple shaped – I carry almost every excess pound in my stomach – when my legs start getting fat, that's when I know I’ve let myself go TOO far!) I think I’d like to lose about 50 pounds overall, but never in my adult life have I been below 175ish, so I don’t know where I will really end up wanting to stop or what will be healthy for me. For now, my first goal is to lose 10 pounds and get back into the 180s before the end of March.

So, all that being said, if anyone is interested, please send me a message or reply here. I’d love to have AND offer some support along this journey!! :)

Lisa

Replies

• animalldy
    animalldy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I log in daily and I'm looking for more friends! I'm 29, 5'6", maintaining at 135.
  • georgiewillwin986
    Options
    Hiya, add me as well, I try to log in most days!:smile:

I am trying to be as accountable as I can as well.
  • craigbethluft
    craigbethluft Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Mememememe! I desperately need some motivation and accountability! I will be happy to let you make me feel guilty! :)
  • mrg68
    mrg68 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'll do my best to help you out and hopefully kick my butt into gear as well! My name is Marilyn. I live in Texas. I am a 45 year old mother of three boys (17, 15, 13). They keep me busy. I've managed to lose 80 pounds over the past 3 years, but I got so unmotivated last fall and now have let 20 lbs. creep back on. I have lost up to 50 lbs. in the past but then let it slip back on along with some of their friends. I soooo do NOT want to let it do that again! But dang it, I can't manage to grab that motivating factor back!!!

I must give you a heads up, however...I have to have surgery a week from today. I may not log in that day but I will see if I can touch base before they take me back. I have a mass on my kidney that needs to be removed. I will be in the hospital for a couple of days. I am actually using this to spring board me back on the wagon. I hate knowing that there is some junk in my body that I do NOT want there! I am very fortunate that they found this so soon. I was trying to be a kidney donor for my brother. My surgeon said that when he usually gives this diagnosis, it is very grave news. So I don't want to waste this chance that I've been given. God must have some incredible plans for me!!! I am a teacher, too. I will be off of work for a couple of weeks (which means I'll have a lot more time on my hands than I'm used to!!) but from what I've read, I will be encouraged to walk a lot during my recovery so I am looking forward to that as well.

I will add you as a friend and we'll get things going!! Maybe this is what we both need!! I'm thrilled to help!!!
    Marilyn
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I log in daily and have an open diary for my friends list.
  • Sledlie
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I need that support as well. I have been terrible about it!!
  • laciehelfert
    laciehelfert Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    you can add me too!
  • melissamarah
    melissamarah Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm always up for more friends :bigsmile:

I log in every day, and I actually weigh in every day. I know it sounds crazy, but it actually makes me LESS stressed about weighing in.

I'm married, I live in Hollywood, and I'm a nanny and swim instructor. I'm also broke, so I'm trying to do this on a VERY tight budget, and I've figured out a few cheap and free weight loss ideas!

Add me! The more the merrier!
  • MossyBossy
    Options
    Hi there. :) feel free to add me. :)
  • gemflower
    gemflower Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I need more friends that i can relate with. I am a 33 yr old stay at home mom to two little
    Girls (3 and almost 2 yrs). So anyone who wants some motivation and is willing to be there to help me
    Is great.
  • Amanda_Tate28
    Amanda_Tate28 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am also looking for a daily buddy! :] Looking for someone around the same age range so we are having similar challenges to help each other through.

I am

20 yr
    female
    210 lbs
    College Sophomore
    Goal: Weight Loss

Add me and leave me a message! :]
  • joandue
    joandue Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Sure, feel free to add me.
  • jkd132
    jkd132 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm looking for the same kind of partner! I'm a stay at home Mom with 2 little ones. Been lacking motivation lately. I'm on daily to try to be!
  • Cookie_4
    Cookie_4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I've been on and off here for a couple years but what I'm finding is that it really does help to have weight loss buddies! I log daily, my food diary is open, I'm not perfect and am very supportive and honest. Feel free to add me! Good luck!
  • amandakev88
    amandakev88 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    what a great idea
  • CBukowskimaria
    Options
    Hey everybody!

I'm also looking for someone to be my motivational buddy, any age, whatever, welcome. :) I think it would really benefit all of us if we could cheer one another on.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Anyone is more than welcome to add me ....I have logged 390 days this time around ....Wishing everyone much success in their lifestyle :smile:
  • Besexyagain
    Options
    I am so interested ,I need some accountability I need to lose last few pounds I picked up,during my twin pregnancy.my babies are three months now,and I need my life back.just needed to lose 15 pounds
  • Aeramis13
    Aeramis13 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Please feel free to add me!

I've made some good progress so far and am always looking for some awesome people to add to my motivation - and that I can help to motivate :)
  • Besexyagain
    Options
    Add me pls ,I need some sense of accountability .