Who uses Creatine?

Options
Topic really says it all. Pros/Cons....

Replies

• halleymw
    halleymw Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Creatine is one of the few supplements that have actually been shown to work. Not everyone responds equally, I found it did not do much for me so I stopped taking it after giving it a 2 month try. It is definitely worth trying as an addition to your weight lifting routine, just be sure to buy the right kind.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/topicoftheweek67.htm

Mike
  • steve0820
    steve0820 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I've used some in the past, in moderation. It's also something you should cycle and only take recommended doses. Not everyone responds to it, and it can cause cramps, and some other side effects in some people.

If you're at a plateau in your training, it's an option, but if you're still progressing, I don't see much point.

Your body produces creatine naturally, by introducing a little more, can help the body recover faster and stronger, then it would on its own. Some people also report a "boost" in there workouts, prior to taking it.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Pros : Increase in strength , cell volumization , helps with cardiovascular as well

I personally dont find any cons (only in monohydrate , a little bloat)

Im currently off it , when I take creatine HCL I respond well , give it a shot , might benefit you .
  • OverDoIt
    OverDoIt Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    good old fashioned regular creatine monohydrate is the way to go. I do not recommend a loading phase, or mixing with sugary substance for better uptake. I have cycled creatine of and on since the 90's and the best results I have had with it have been PWO in a shake or some aminos intra w/o. Hey, that's just me brother do what you dig. Thank you for your service to your community and America.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I started taking creatine monohydrate about 6 weeks ago and I noticed a major improvement in my number of reps in my AMRAP (as many reps as possible) CrossFit WODs right away and a lot of new personal records on my lifts. If it's safe and has no side effects for me, I'm not really sure why I would not want to take it. I personally love it. I have to do a lot of explosive moments and it seems really effective in boosting my performance with those.