Calling All Runners...Who Lift <3

Options
Hello, my name is April and I have lost 50lbs by using this site.

I have decided to change my nutrition goals away weight loss and really work on toning up the body I'm rockin' now. I have been lifting weights for 2 months and am really starting to notice a huge change in my body/how clothes fit. I have been running since the beginning of last year, and run for absolute pleasure!

I am interested in becoming friends with people who run, lift weights and track their intake! I would love ideas from diaries and supportive individuals eating more healthy calories! It's hard for me to get out of diet mode - and I think acquiring more like-minded pals will help this process. I'm a super supportive friend, too!

Thanks in advance! XO

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me.

my main workouts at the moment are prepping for a 10 k (first doing a 5k in march as a checkpoint) and weight lifting via compound lifts like squats, deadlifts, bench, turkish get up.

right now i'm eating at a 1500 base and a portion of my exercise calories. main challenges eating wise is getting enough protein and meal prep
  • zombinaape
    zombinaape Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the response, doll! FR sent! :)
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Oh hai!

I've been a runner for many years but took up lifting in October 2012, after losing 35 lbs to get to my target weight. I'm still the same weight now but have 3 extra lbs of muscle and I'm still getting faster. I don't love lifting, but I love what it does for my body. I'm eating 2200 calories to cut right now and eat up to about 2600 to maintain in the height of race season.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    I'm not a runner...yet. And I'm a novice lifter, but I am looking forward to getting better at both. And I'm always looking for like-minded friends for inspiration and fun.
  • Fredhatfield2
    Fredhatfield2 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a little running now, but soon my running will be more hill training and sprints. I am a cyclist though, who rides about 20 miles a day, and am getting back into lifting as well. I also love to track my diet, eating healthier, and track my fitness numbers. If you feel like having a cycling friend who does that stuff, feel free to add me!
  • coral_b
    coral_b Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I have been running for 7 months. First 10k in July. Currently doing most running at the gym/treadmill (boo) until the weather is better- but outdoors running is a complete pleasure! Lifting for 2 months. I don't eat "clean" but I track no matter what- the good the bad and the "what the hell was I thinking". Still got 20 lbs to lower goal weight, but I'm lifting now to prevent losing lean muscle. I try for decent protein intakes and am always up for mutual support!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I've been running for just about a year now. I also use weights. I did my first half marathon this past September and have at least two planned for 2014. Right now I'm dealing with an angry Achilles tendon so lower body is on hold. Feel free to add me. I'm trying to turn a negative (injury) into a positive (concentrating on upper body).
  • phuckingbadasscutie
    phuckingbadasscutie Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I love running but have not been doing much of it lately because I started NROLFW and I am trying to focus on that right now. i am running a 7k in March and a 5k in June. Feel free to add me, I am always looking for like minded friends.
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Sending friend request--I have been running since April and started strength training in October, started to lift weights more last month. My goals are more running-> just did my first 10K, have 5 mile trail run in 2 months, and a 10 mile run in October, perhaps a 1/2 in November or January.

Strength training has helped my knee pain (patellofemoral pain), and my goal is 2x a week of lifting. I am still pretty weak so haven't noted any body recomp yet. I am looking forward to it though!
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    add me !!
    I run mostly in spring-fall as I live in the country and the roads and trails are too snowy for me in winter. I'm fairly new to lifting but am starting to see changes happening and can't wait to lift heavier :laugh:
    I eat fairly healthy but I do love my sweets and generally try to keep them in my calories.
    Love to have new friends
  • charliejenny
    charliejenny Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    I am a mid distance runner who lifts...heavy

I know it's counterproductive to the running but I'm not out to set speed records so I'm good... Anyone feel free to add
  • SadieLemonade
    SadieLemonade Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am having the exact same problem. I am only 7lbs from goal weight and really want to tone up. I run once a week, do Boxercise, yoga and JM's NMTZ (weights). Add me!
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner, and going to start lifting soon. Anyone is free to add me.
  • scottyg70
    scottyg70 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I was actually a lifter who took up running, but please feel free to add me if you'd like! (Same goes for anyone else).
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    I run 3-4 times a week in addition to doing P90X. I am training for a half right now.
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Are you 5'3 by any chance? If so you might be my MFP twin! I started at 190 too and currently goal is 135 but may decrease it once I get there.

I used to be a pretty avid runner but not lately...just starting to get into lifting a bit instead, want to see how that goes after seeing so many women do well with it. Currently I am tracking my food very carefully and am focusing on basically eating clean(er).

Feel free to add me!
  • NinjaTurtleRunner
    Options
    I am a runner who lifts also. As you can tell by my name I am not a fast runner but I am lapping those on the couch. I did half marathons for 2012 - 8 of them so my daughter and myself could be half fanactics. After that we took about six months off running and starting doing HITT type workouts.

Now we are doing at 10k a month - perfect distance for me. I may do one half this year. We are still doing HITT workouts but have also incorporated a specific strength lifting and abs schedule.

My times have improved quite a bit over the last year. At least 2 min per mile.
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Hi! :)

I'm a runner currently training for a 30k race, 3 half marathons and a marathon in the fall. I love to lift heavy!! I'm currently in a deloading phase with the lifting as my running mileage is high (big race in 1 month!) but I plan to get back at it as soon as that race is done!

Anyone can send me a friend request! I post alot, log every bite I take and run 6 days a week, lift weight 3 days a week and will start cycling 2-3 days a week soon! :)