Not losing weight- Help

Options
2»

Replies

• LVCeltGirl
    Options
    I am eating 1200 calories because myfitnesspal has suggested me when i enter my goal weight and duration. My goal weight is 130 lb in next 6 months from Jan. 1 month already passed. Not a single pound lost.
    Made my diary public.
    jwhited71- Did you lost 99 lb ? Congrats for that. how much time does it take?
    Thanks for help

Yes I lost 99 lbs in just over 13 months. Thanks!

I took a look at your diary and it doesn't look like you are weighing your food. That really does make a difference with accuracy. Because of this you are probably eating more than you think. Also what are you drinking? Does it have calories? If so you need to log that as well.

Read this thread it might really help you out:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

This!!! Read the thread.
  • hilts1969
    hilts1969 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    You don't seem to be eating the best quality food. Compared to other things you eat, it seems fruits/veggies are low on your list of foods to eat.

& as much as I know calories are what matters, you do seem to be eating a lot of carbs. You could try and see if it helps if you try to stick to a lower carb amount. Might work, might not.

Agree with this as a healthy diet it is pretty bad no offence, you are over your calories, have way too many carbs and are eating too much processed food, your protein is too low, if you are not measuring well and add in the presumption that the calories in processed food are likely to be inaccurate

A good rule of thumb where possible is to try and do the following

Weigh everything for a while
    avoid as much as possible processed food if it hasn't come out of the ground,, walked around or fallen out of a tree but is in a jar or packet leave it alone
    cut back on rice,bread potatoes as much as possible

cheese slices,chapati and rice is not the way to go

No I eat lots of processed food, eating potatoes right now.... It's about calories in calories out to lose weight.

Hence the word CUT BACK. Well done eating lots of processed food i am impressed, however healthier foods are better for you end of it is not even an argument

Depends on what your end goal is right now the OP was only concerned with why they aren't losing weight. Not arguing at all but because they eat processed foods and carbs etc is not why they aren't losing. It's because they aren't in a deficit.

A sinple question and not having a go but do you trust that all food manufacturers labels that state calorie content are accurate? I believe that the more processed food you eat whilst being generally unhealthy are also probably not very accurate
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Stop using "generic" or "homemade" entries in the database. Carbs might make you retain water more, but save a medical condition, it's not what's stopping you from losing weight. Eating cheese slices, rice, whatever, is all fine; just make sure you're weighing it to be accurate.

It's probably because you're eating more than is being recorded in the diary. Weigh and measure your food and input your own information in the "Recipes" section, instead of comparing whatever some person entered in MFP to what you're eating.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    You don't seem to be eating the best quality food. Compared to other things you eat, it seems fruits/veggies are low on your list of foods to eat.

& as much as I know calories are what matters, you do seem to be eating a lot of carbs. You could try and see if it helps if you try to stick to a lower carb amount. Might work, might not.

Agree with this as a healthy diet it is pretty bad no offence, you are over your calories, have way too many carbs and are eating too much processed food, your protein is too low, if you are not measuring well and add in the presumption that the calories in processed food are likely to be inaccurate

A good rule of thumb where possible is to try and do the following

Weigh everything for a while
    avoid as much as possible processed food if it hasn't come out of the ground,, walked around or fallen out of a tree but is in a jar or packet leave it alone
    cut back on rice,bread potatoes as much as possible

cheese slices,chapati and rice is not the way to go

No I eat lots of processed food, eating potatoes right now.... It's about calories in calories out to lose weight.

Hence the word CUT BACK. Well done eating lots of processed food i am impressed, however healthier foods are better for you end of it is not even an argument

Depends on what your end goal is right now the OP was only concerned with why they aren't losing weight. Not arguing at all but because they eat processed foods and carbs etc is not why they aren't losing. It's because they aren't in a deficit.

A sinple question and not having a go but do you trust that all food manufacturers labels that state calorie content are accurate? I believe that the more processed food you eat whilst being generally unhealthy are also probably not very accurate

I don't believe any label is accurate, or that any calorie burn is accurate they are all estimates. Which is why it takes tweaking to find your sweet spot for losing while not being miserable. I don't feel the need to eliminate any food, I just eat less of it. It seems to be working and since you keep saying its unhealthy, I'll take the fact that I have stopped taking 8 different prescriptions and improved all my blood work over the last 13 months, just from losing weight and being active.
  • 10nacityLex
    10nacityLex Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Weigh in once a week...first thing in the morning. It gives you a more accurate reading. For instance, I do my weigh ins first thing in the morning after my bathroom routine. I have noticed in the past that once I weigh myself during the day, there is always a couple pounds added due to water and food I've eaten. Therefore, I only go by my morning weight to accurately record them in my log.
  • HudaSaman
    Options
    Take measures in parallel with weight. It helps so much in these cases to prove the progress. And they are more accurate to reflect it that the scale.
    I personally weigh my self every 10 days sometimes 2 week, thats only when the scale moves.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Stop using "generic" or "homemade" entries in the database. Carbs might make you retain water more, but save a medical condition, it's not what's stopping you from losing weight. Eating cheese slices, rice, whatever, is all fine; just make sure you're weighing it to be accurate.

It's probably because you're eating more than is being recorded in the diary. Weigh and measure your food and input your own information in the "Recipes" section, instead of comparing whatever some person entered in MFP to what you're eating.
    bingo.