Just Joined Today!

Options
Hello,

My name is Kelly, I am going to be 50 this year. Never in my life have I had a weight problem! Then all of a sudden 15lbs then 20lbs snuck up on me. I am post menopausal (3 yrs now) and thinking that might have something to do with it, as well as losing my job in November, and sitting on my bum since then. It was hard to get motivated, the shock of losing a job after 17 years and being the only breadwinner in my family put me into a depression. All I did was search for jobs, interview, take my daughter to and from school, and go to church twice a week. So the majority of my time was spent on the computer networking for a job. I grabbed unhealthy food items to eat in front of the computer.

I am happy to say I found a job and start Monday! Woo Hoo! Problem is I am 20lbs heavier than when I left. I had to buy all new clothes and not one things looks good on me!

I have 3 children, 23, 20 and 7. I need to get healthy again so that I have the energy to keep up with my daughter. Right now, from my sedentary lifestyle the past year or so, I have so many aches and pains!

I started eating better, and exercising this past week. I need the motivation to stay on top of it.

I came across this site while l searching for weight loss tips for post menopausal women over 50. Looks like they are basically the same as for younger women, calories in must be less than calories out. Nothing very tricky there. I need to move and grab healthier food to nourish this aging body.

I love the fact that you can log everything! That will help me stay on track. I need to download this for my blackberry so I can log in while on the road.

It is good to be here!:smile:

Replies

• emalay
    emalay Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You've picked a great site to help you lose your weight and get healthy. This site is so amazingly supportive and filled with great people.
    Glad to hear that things are getting on track with you, i.e new job, healthier lifestyle. It sounds as if you've been through alot. One of my biggest motivators was keeping up with my children too...ages 11 and 7! One of my favourite things is when my kids will bike along side of me while I jog or walk. My son even said he wanted to be like me and his father when he gets older and be active like us!! What a great feeling.
  • julie1211
    Options
    I am new also.....38 years old, emotional eater and drinker and trying to change my life completely. Recently lost my kids temporarily in a custody battle and lost a boyfriend of 5 years, and I added about 15 pounds in about 2 months time. I need to break this cycle for my children and myself. I will update profile soon.....I need encouragment. I am glad this site is here, it seems to be very user friendly and hopefully will help me make better choices....Thanks again, Julie
  • esso37
    Options
    hi my name is sadie , i have lost 35lbs and weigh in tonight again,. i love this program . good luck
  • tottee2
    Options
    hi just joined today. my daughter-in-law told me about this, so here i am. hope to loose weight and eat good food. no more junk food. well here i go. wish me luck.
  • Hello everyone. I'm 29 years old. I have had a struggle with my weight for 11 years now. I have tried so many diets in the past. Lost 15 pounds but gained back 20. I was on some med.'s for a while and in that time I gained 50 pounds. Ugh.. like I needed that. My heaviest weight topped at 236. I started the hcg protocol and I am now at 211.8 Any one have suggestions or words of encouragement... please do tell.