Hi everyone, thanks for this site

shocker02k
shocker02k Posts: 10
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
I just started a little over a week ago; I already lost about 7 lbs. :)

While I don't expect that to happen every week (or really again), it was a nice boost. Meal tracking on this site has been a pretty new experience but I'm glad to see it's apparently pretty accurate.

I do have a couple of questions that may help me adjust where my target calories should be:

in terms of lifestyle, I eat at a dorm, regularly 3 times a day except on weekends when it's available only 2 times a day (but I swipe fruit to snack on). Eating regularly isn't a problem, but controlling what I eat is, I suppose. I've been working on that.

What I am confused about is - I bike to class, probably at least 5-7 minutes each way, at least once a day. Any time I go anywhere, I go on my bike, again a 5-7 minute trip. Getting to the gym on campus takes about 9 minutes back and forth. This comprises the major "exercise" I engage in during the day when I on't actually work out.

Given that, should I consider my life style "sedentary"? Or should I up it to the next highest option? I just want to optimize what the site is doing for me.

Thanks all.

Replies

• I just started a little over a week ago; I already lost about 7 lbs. :)

While I don't expect that to happen every week (or really again), it was a nice boost. Meal tracking on this site has been a pretty new experience but I'm glad to see it's apparently pretty accurate.

I do have a couple of questions that may help me adjust where my target calories should be:

in terms of lifestyle, I eat at a dorm, regularly 3 times a day except on weekends when it's available only 2 times a day (but I swipe fruit to snack on). Eating regularly isn't a problem, but controlling what I eat is, I suppose. I've been working on that.

What I am confused about is - I bike to class, probably at least 5-7 minutes each way, at least once a day. Any time I go anywhere, I go on my bike, again a 5-7 minute trip. Getting to the gym on campus takes about 9 minutes back and forth. This comprises the major "exercise" I engage in during the day when I on't actually work out.

Given that, should I consider my life style "sedentary"? Or should I up it to the next highest option? I just want to optimize what the site is doing for me.

Thanks all.
  • JJAE53
    JJAE53 Posts: 97 Member
    Hi! Just wanted to welcome you to the site, and say congratulations on the loss. That's great!

Sorry that I can't help you with your question, but I'm kinda new myself. If no one gives you an opinion, you might try posting it on the fitness message board.
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    from my estimation sedentary would be if you are basic lazying around all day. I don't really know but that's just a guess. so as long as you are walking around campus ect. i would put the next highest option
This discussion has been closed.