The true warriors in the gym:

Options
The true warriors in the gym:

Walk into the gym and you just may find one of the most determined, true warriors.
Look to the left at the muscle-bound fella grunting as he gives it his all for one more rep- I’m not talking about him.
Look to the right at the woman running with all her might on the treadmill. I’m not talking about her.
Look in the group exercise at the clumsy person trying desperately to keep up with the class while learning the moves. Nope I’m not talking about that one either, though all of these people are awesome in their own right, and there is a great amount of honor among them.

The one I’m talking about is the warrior who finds him/herself battling with a workout just like the people described above, but they have more of a battle to win. I’m talking about the overweight warrior in the gym. In addition to battling to get the best workout in like the rest of us, many have described the burden of battling their own feelings of being different. They have mentioned battling the stigma that the people looking at them may not be saying anything but they could be mocking them. Yet they overcome!

I say “Hail, Warrior, and welcome.” Remember that many (if not most) of us are there cheering you on when we see you. Never mind what anyone else thinks- you get my kudos because you are true warriors.

While we all fight our own battles, I am happy to fight mine next to you fighting yours.

Replies