Green Smoothies

Abi198111
Abi198111 Posts: 76 Member
I really want to try some green smoothies...! I've stocked up on avocados, kale, spinach, fruit juice, almond milk, coconut water, kefir, bananas, blueberries (you name it, I bought it!) and now I'm looking for some tasty green smoothie recipes please. So...what's your favourite combo?

Replies

• trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Try skinnytaste.com
  • I'm happy to share my recipe. I have a VitaMix and this recipe fills it to the top by the time I'm done adding ingredients, you'll want to have a high powered blender for this recipe.

2 1/2C POM juice
    3 handfuls baby spinach
    Blend 2 minutes.
    2 carrots with tops
    2 stalks celery
    1 frozen banana
    5 frozen strawberries
    1C high protein/low sugar greek yogurt
    If this isn't sweet enough, you could experiment with different yogurts with more sweetener or add your favorite sweetener.

This makes about 96oz and I divide it into 4 plastic cups with lids, they last a few days in the frig. Sometimes I toss in kale, red pepper, sugar snap peas, fresh ground flax, chia seeds or protein powder (this expands!) I like that I only have to make one smoothie every four days. My friend told me I could freeze the extra fresh baby spinach I didn't eat with my salads, so I use frozen fresh spinach. I LOVE avocados, but didn't care for them in my smoothie.

My Mom makes a tasty smoothie in her bullet type blender, here's that recipe:
    8oz liquid (you could use unsweetened almond milk and light coconut milk in a can from Trader Joe's or a mixture)
    2 strawberries frozen
    Few blueberries frozen
    1/2 banana
    2-3 slices frozen peaches
    Pulse and then add 2 cubes ice

We had to really try lots of different flavors to get what we liked best. Good luck! There's so much you can do with smoothies!
  • I really like the Island Green Smoothies.

Ingredients
    Pineapple, banana, mango, spinach, kale
    (I usually add any lowcarb base for the smoothie).

Hope this helps (:
  • phathousecat
    phathousecat Posts: 55 Member
    I'm a sucker for the spinach, banana, peanut butter, & almond milk smoothies. UGH it's so good! And you can't even taste the spinach.
  • stephv38
    stephv38 Posts: 203 Member
    Go about a third veggies, third fruit and third water. Play with your combos and add protein powder and or yogurt as you wish, usually turns out pretty good regardless. A couple things I like to add to just a green smoothie is fresh ginger and lime.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    I've been making this everyday: banana, clementines, apple, frozen berries, carrot, kale, plain european yogurt, honey, and some water/ice. If my toddlers like it, so will you :)
  • Abi198111
    Abi198111 Posts: 76 Member
    Thanks everyone! They all sound so good! I'm gonna have fun experimenting with my ingredients :)
  • britgetsfit1
    britgetsfit1 Posts: 22 Member
    Spinach, frozen mango, frozen pineapple and banana! My faaaaaavorite!