Natural enhacements suggestions

hpdrek
hpdrek Posts: 2
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi, I'm looking for some suggestions for Natural Enhacements, for energy and weight loss, I have tried some but none seem to work like Acai, Green Tea, B Vitamins, B12, anything you suggest will be good as I'm willing to try it, I sleep like 5 hours a day, because I have trouble falling asleep, during the day I feel tired all the time, please HELP! No energy drinks, please.

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Well, melatonin will help you sleep better. Obviously you should be sleeping more than 5 hours a day. Aim for at least 8, and go to bed earlier if you have a hard time falling asleep. Create a routine for yourself that makes you relaxed & sleepy. I think fixing that first will go a long way toward the other issues.
  • ErickaJos
    ErickaJos Posts: 43 Member
    Have you seen a physician about not sleeping at night? It sounds as if you are not falling completely asleep at night which causes the daytime fatigue. My cousin had a similar issue and his doctor suggested he visit a sleep clinic to study his sleep habits. It turns out he never went into REM sleep. Once the docs prescribed him a CPAP machine he was good to go. Daytime fatigue went out the window and he even had the energy to continue Shaun T's Insanity program w/o enhancers.

Just my thoughts.....
  • all i can tell you is that green tea has been an actual PRESCRIPTION in Chinese medicine for centuries...because it works. for almost anything. its full of antioxidants, its got caffeine if you're tired, its helps fight colds. i say go for green tea, i drink it pretty much all day (and i get the super tired thing, i've got the same issue since i have insomnia and cant seem to sleep until around 3 or 4) and it keeps me going.

good luck and i hope this helps! :drinker:
  • OOPS! DOUBLE POST! :blushing:
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    I agree with other posts. It doesn't sound like you need help with energy, it sounds like you need help with sleep. Fixing the sleep deprivation will "naturally" give you back the energy you so desire. Melatonin is good for helping your body find it's natural rhythm (it is naturally occurring in the body and is found at health stores). Also, maybe it would be a good idea to check with a doctor about REM sleep. Oh, and if you have caffeine and/or stress in your life try and find a way to eliminate 'em! Good luck!
  • goohan
    goohan Posts: 155
    taurine in the morning to keep you active enough to be tired at night,
    a herb called passion flower or valerian or camomile an hour before you go to bed at night

ginko biobla and siberian ginseng are good during the day

ps dont have the taurine if you eat a lot of meat because you get loads of taurine in meat
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Turkey contains a natural amino acid called tryptophan, try including it in your dinner. It makes you sleepy and enhances Seratonin production. The reason it makes you sleepy is that you restore/refire/reshoot your Seratonin in your sleep.

Seratonin makes you happy!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    "a herb called passion flower or valerian or camomile an hour before you go to bed at night "

Valerian can become as addictive as valium, that's what valium is made from. And it's disgusting. But it works.

It REALLY works.

Try it to get "back on schedule" but don't plan on taking it daily for more than 1-2 weeks.
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    I used to do the valerian...and it does work. A few months ago my nutrionist put me on high quality calcium supplements telling me that it would help. I didn't believe her...but after about a week I was sleeping like a log! So I highly recommend some calcuim supplements to see if that would help. Just don't get them from your local target or walmart...look for a health food store or nutritionist that sells supplements.
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    i use melatonine to help me sleep. it doesnt make you all jittery or foggy the next day.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    It may sound wierd, but ask your bunk mates/SO if you snore. You may have an issue with sleep apnea. For some reason 90% of the military or ex military men I know have issues with it. It will cause you to have restless short sleep patterns, frequent wakings (you may not be aware of it) and may cause you to not sleep as deeply as you need. That will cause tiredness thru the day, weight gain, and a whole host of other issues. Talk to the doctor.
  • StephieWheats
    StephieWheats Posts: 88 Member
    I would try some green tea during the day and at night before you go to bed have some "sleepy time" tea. My husband has the say problem. He usually has a giant mug of green tea during the day, then at night about and hour before he goes to bed he has some sleepy tea.
This discussion has been closed.