Feeling Ripped Off

Options
2»

Replies

• Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with your trainer. His goals and yours just aren't compatible. I ran into exactly the same thing when I took a lesson from a golf swing coach. I wanted to buy one lesson at a time and he, or I should say the company he worked for, would only work with me if I signed a contract. I just said no thanks and moved on.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I think he basically told me (after doing a Lifechanger fitness type test for an hour) that doing the Stronglifts program would basically require a starter package of 18 sessions with a trainer though possibly more.

Gym trainers have one goal: Bring repeat business to themselves. They are glorified salesmen. Take the sessions required to get the form down - three, six or twelve, whichever YOU think does it - and kick him to the curb.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    The truth is many of us have spent years doing the lifts and are still learning them. If someone isn't still learning, correcting, finding weak points, then they are either a God/Goddess amongst mortals (less likely) or are not pushing themselves (more likely).

With that said, as the guys above have pointed out, you can't really learn these lifts in three sessions. You can't learn a single one of these lifts in three sessions. If you have to pick one, pick the squat since the bench and deadlift are less technical.

Sure the dude may be scamming and trying to sell you a bajillion sessions... but I wouldn't attempt to teach a raw beginner five or six compound lifts in three hours. Nothing that can potentially be this hard (or able to **** you up so easily) can be learnt so quickly.