Well if he isn't going use it... (creatine)

Options
I was resent ly taking supplement inventory and I realized me have an unused jar of creatine that my husband bought when he was considering coming to the gym with me. Ultimately that didn't happen hence the unused jar. I am thinking of taking it myself. I go to the gym pretty regularly and am fairly active on most days, on my feet kind of job, I easly get anywhere from 10,000 to 12,000 steps on a normal day.

From what I gather I wil not bulk up and look like a man if I take it, I don't think I could look like a man unless I started taking testosterone anyway and I don't want to. Just wanted any helpful info if anyone has it. I'm developing quite the supplement stack actaully. Multi-vitamins, raspberry ketone, garcina cambogia, whey protein and now possibly creatine.

Replies

• RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I put creatine & glutamine in my protein shakes. The benefits apply to women too!
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    please read article... might get an important datas... highly recommend to research yourself as well

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/buffmother1.htm
  • OverDoIt
    OverDoIt Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    You do not need a loading phase. Drink plenty of water to avoid cramps and for better effectiveness. Give it some time to work and use it as directed. Some people are creatine non responders. Good luck and give it time
  • KatissimusDorsi
    Options
    I like creatine.

I take about 2 tsp per day in coffee, and I feel like it helps me get more reps out.

Supposedly you'll see more benefits from it post-workout but just starting out I wouldn't worry about it too much.
  • steve0820
    steve0820 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    You do not need a loading phase. Drink plenty of water to avoid cramps and for better effectiveness. Give it some time to work and use it as directed. Some people are creatine non responders. Good luck and give it time

I agree!! Drink tons of water, and cycle on and off. Do not take it for months on end, without stopping. The body already produces creatine naturally. Are you taking it just for the sake of taking it, or have you plateaued in your training?
  • freyaheart
    freyaheart Posts: 220 Member
    Options

I agree!! Drink tons of water, and cycle on and off. Do not take it for months on end, without stopping. The body already produces creatine naturally. Are you taking it just for the sake of taking it, or have you plateaued in your training?

I've plateaued. I need to change things up.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    You do not need to load or cycle Creatine - that's a myth. I've been taking Creatine for 3 years now.

Agree you need to drink a ton of water with it (2-3 liters/day)

I think a lot of people have no clue what Creatine actually does. First, supplements are not gender specific. Secondly, Creatine will not make you "bulk up". You may retain water at the muscles, but most people like having a little bit of "pump". Third, what Creatine does is assist with the ATP Cycle, which uses Phosphocreatine to produce energy . This is in your body's first energy source it taps into, regardless of the activity, and lasts around 10-20 seconds. Why it is so effective in weightlifting is most lifting sets last 10-20 seconds. So basically Creatine will help assist in getting that last rep or two out of a set.