My energy level is in the gutter!

Options
Hi guys!

I am having some medical issues as some as you are aware and I am dealing with them. I have extremely high inflammation levels in my blood and am waiting to see a rheumatologist for that and achy joints.

My question is: Do any of you experience extreme fatigue after your workouts? My PT tells me I should be feeling better and be full of energy but after nearly 7 mths with her 3 days a week, I am still struggling! I give it my all during our sessions and do absolutely everything that is asked of me but by the time I get home I am exhausted and usually pass out before I even make it to the shower!!!

This may very well be related to this autoimmune issue the Dr says I am fighting...I don't know. Is there anyone here that can relate or provide info? Is there any safe supplements or energy boosters out there? Thank you in advance for your advise!

Replies

• donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Are you taking any multi vitamins ?
  • amysgottadothisthang
    Options
    Oh, I am open to suggestion for multivitamin. My stomach cant handle anything that has a coating! When I was pregnant the only Vitamin I could take was flintstones! The coating on the PNV made me vomit!! LOL
  • amysgottadothisthang
    Options
    Yes, my flintstones! The Dr also has me taking a steroid, Glucosamine Condrointin and fish oil.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Look into the vitafusion multivites gummies and the juice plus gummies.
  • amysgottadothisthang
    Options
    I will donyellemoniq! Thank you for the advise!
  • Gonnabfitnfab
    Options
    Spark drink by advocare is amazing! Great energy in the morning after I drink it and it lasts. No jitters or anything like that that comes from drinking the other energy drinks. I've read that there are other benefits to it as well. Hope this helps.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    You need to chat with your doctor.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    this.

There could be other issues out there. You don't need any kind of licensed super-drank from Advorapeyourwallet. Multivitamins were recently shown to really not have any benefit. I don't have the link, but it was a decades long study.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Oh, I am open to suggestion for multivitamin. My stomach cant handle anything that has a coating! When I was pregnant the only Vitamin I could take was flintstones! The coating on the PNV made me vomit!! LOL

I would look into an organic liquid multivitamin. I have one that has a lot of vitamin B in it and it seems to get me energized just as much as a cup of coffee. Search on Amazon for something, possibly with free shipping.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

Yup, this. I had extreme fatigue a little over a year ago with other symptoms and I thought it could be a million different things...turns out I have a rare brain condition and needed to have brain surgery.
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Well, I was big and old so I swear the first year I was SO tired. Many naps were taken. Many extracurricular events in the evening were cancelled. I had no energy to leave the house. Once I got about 75 pounds off I did start to feel quite a bit better. At about the 1 year mark my trainer decided we'd train for a 5K and the first time we did I planned nothing for the rest of the weekend, because I thought I'd just be dead. Remarkably I wasn't. I felt fine. My year of exercising was having a positive effect. Now I exercise strenuously in the morning and the rest of my day is fine. Sometimes I'm sore, but in the good I had a work out sore. I'm never "I can't walk" or "I can't comb my hair" sore any more. My muscles love being active and staying active.

With that said... always check with your doctor just to make sure something else isn't going on. Work on your eating schedule... I really need a good snack after a workout. Improves my whole day when I do.
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Like everyone said, talk tot eh doc as this may be related to your current medical issue(s).

If it turns out that it isn't though, maybe you're going at it too hard? Obviously one needs o push him/herself in their workout but...are you relaxing into it? Finding your zone?
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    talk to your doctor but vitamin D is often low and also-since you're a women what about anemia-Low iron? Ask for a blood test to check iron level.