high calories to low calories to high calories

goohan
goohan Posts: 155
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I saw recently someone said that if you change your calories from high to low each day that it keeps your metabolism moving instead of slowing down and getting used to it.

For example, have 1200 one day, 1800 the next day, 1200 the next day, 1800 the next day etc...

has anyone tried this and has it worked for them? Or should i stick to a stable intake?

thanks

Replies

• MMarcordes
    MMarcordes Posts: 58 Member
    I've always heard that it is calorie in, calorie out - per day. So, if you eat more one day, then you should make sure that you are exercising more to burn the extra calories. To me, that is more important - although changing your calories and what you eat probably will help speed up your metabolism.
  • That does seem to make some sense - especially if you are really aiming for 1500 -
  • I think there is something to that. I've kind of done that without intending to, and weight loss has been good so far. Several years ago Weight Watchers even promoted it... or people that were doing Weight Watchers... and they called it "The Wendy Plan". The theory was/is that keeping the body guessing prevents a slowdown of metabolism and keeps weight loss going.
  • goohan
    thanks everyone, not meaning to, i went over today but i was quite low yesterday, ill see how it looks on the scales soon xx
  • goohan
    I've found a wendie plan patterne on the internet:

low/high/low/very high/very low/high/med. high.
This discussion has been closed.