What do you eat at the movies?

Options
Going to movies with friends and don't want to eat my whole day of calories when I'm there. Suggestions please what are my best choices to eat at the movies....?

Replies

• dickrocketjones
    dickrocketjones Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    sunflower seeds. and a bottle of water with mio in it. if I feel the need to have sweets I go to a store before hand. the boxes of candy are usually smaller and less calories. for what its worth.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,011 Member
    Options
    Somehow I've resisted the urge to eat while at the movies. And I don't really know why it's such a past time considering the cost is akin to a second mortgage. The popcorn must be sprinkled with cocaine, something, there has to be a reason, please tell me. :sad:
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Nothing.

Few times I do bring stuff, I don't usually eat it til after the movie. I'm too busy watching the movie.
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    If i go to the cool theater, I have a Blazin bacon cheeseburger. If I go to the crappy theater that costs more, I eat before we go and I just take my whiskey flask with me and suffer through.. :frown:

LOL!
  • bethanytapp
    bethanytapp Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I get a small popcorn and ask them to only fill it halfway....
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    Off plan~ What ever I want...usually candy and a drink.
    On plan!~ Diet drink/water and protein bar..blah. lol
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I look at movies as a reward. It becomes an official cheat day, though I don't have too many. I enjoy myself with the family and go crazy. 4000-5000 calories ain't gonna hurt you for one day. Especially when we've been doing it for years right? If I can't really ENJOY the movie, I may as well stay home and watch my TV, netflix and stay on track. Mentally, we all need a break.
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    A giant pickle! I know some places don't sell them but all movie theaters in NM do. Small popcorn, sneaky sneak some fruit?
  • tiddles_yeah
    tiddles_yeah Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Nothing

Im going to the movies tonight and honestly dont see why people feel the need to eat during a film
  • Frittycat
    Frittycat Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Nothing; the food is overpriced and I don't want to waste my calories on movie food.
  • akomantoso
    Options
    I live in a smallish town so I never have issues bringing in outside food in my purse. I often pop my own popcorn on my stove top and season it with a little cumin or nutritional yeast. I also frequently bring in frozen grapes, veggies and hummus, lara bars, coffee or green tea and a sealable cup, and of course water.
  • VeganAmandaJ
    VeganAmandaJ Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Haha, I like the way you think! I think it is important to have mental breaks too, personally I pick times maybe every few weeks or couple weeks when I don't count a meal like last night I went out with friends and I'm sure I was over by a few hundred cals but it was a special occasion.
    Peronsally when it comes to movies, I don't go often but I used to like the slushies and I've actually brough sushi in before!! haha I bet a cut up apple or other treats like that would be good. Perhaps bringing your own shake of healthy stuff too.
    I look at movies as a reward. It becomes an official cheat day, though I don't have too many. I enjoy myself with the family and go crazy. 4000-5000 calories ain't gonna hurt you for one day. Especially when we've been doing it for years right? If I can't really ENJOY the movie, I may as well stay home and watch my TV, netflix and stay on track. Mentally, we all need a break.
  • nebraskalaska
    nebraskalaska Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I really hate going to the movies, so I only ever go under the condition that I can get popcorn, which is one of my favorite snacks. It makes the experience a bit more tolerable for me.

My husband and I usually split a small with no butter, so that's only about 200ish calories for my portion (depending on the theater).
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    at least two buckets of the "refill" size popcorn (super large) and a large soda.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    at least two buckets of the "refill" size popcorn (super large) and a large soda.

popcorn
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I sneak in a box of cracker jack. I worked in a theater in high school.....totally over "theater style" popcorn.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I usually get "buttered" popcorn, sour patches and an icee
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    A box of sugar babies and a diet coke.

Or I wait and go to Cold Stone after the movie.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I usually bring my own candy or snack, pre weighed/measured in a baggie. Cheaper than those inflated concessions prices, and I know exactly what I'm eating with no impulse buys or guess work.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Popcorn and a Diet Coke. We only go to the movies once every few months, so I've never worried too much about the splurge.