Anyone else on Atkins/Ketosis diet????

Options
I'm trying to eat as least amount of carbs as I can. I never eat more than 50. I eat between 90-120g fat and about 80-100g protein. I think I may be eating too much protein to get into ketosis.

My calorie intake is usually about 1200.....

Anyone else got tips etc.

I'm drinking a Yakut every morning as I get serious constipation but this is 7g carbs so gonna drop them out when this pack is finished. Any tips for constipation aswell?

Replies

• Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Why are you trying to cut out carbs?

People can be so carbist.
  • snoopyjet
    snoopyjet Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    It takes time for body to keto adapt. You should increase fat and eat less protein. Carbs should be under 30g to reach ketosis.

Here you can find some useful info http://www.ruled.me/

Good luck!
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I am, kind of. I was on Atkins for a while but missed fruit too much so now I just try to net under 50 a day.

Atkins allows you to have a couple of sugar free candies a day and I'm convinced that they do that because the sugar alcohols have a laxative effect... Any time I'm a little backed up I have a few sugar free gummy bears (yes, the Amazon reviews are hilarious and accurate haha) and drink a LOT of water and it really helps. Or I'll make a stew with lots of fiber (celery, little bit of parsnips, lots of fluid) and that helps too :)