How long did it take for your arms to tighten up?

Options
My arms are one of my biggest problem areas. I've lost a few inches off of my arms and have gained some muscle by doing heavy lifting, but I guess I hoped they'd look less flabby by this point. I've lost 48 pounds total and have 17 more to go until my goal weight. I will continue to do heavy lifting and strength training after reaching my goal to tone my body and get it looking awesome. However, with almost 50 pounds gone, I expected to have more than three inches off of my arms.

The flab on my arm doesn't look like loose skin, though I'm sure I'll have a small amount of that when all is said and done.

So, my question is, how long did it take you guys to tighten up your arms? Did it take you up until you reached your goal? Before? After your goal with toning? I'm just curious. I've learned at this point that losing weight is never exactly how I imagined it would be and I know everyone is different. How did it work for you guys?

Replies

• Anyone?
  • KatissimusDorsi
    Options
    Sadly the answer to this is going to be unique depending on who you ask, because our bodies lose weight in whatever manner it pleases (which is often in a way we don't like).

Three inches off your arms is HUGE by the way. Like, arms are not that big. If you had a pill that would let bodybuilders add 3 inches to their arms you'd be swimming in cash.

The only things you can do is exactly what you've been doing. Keep losing weight, keep strength training. If you want, you can consider doing a "hypertrophy-focused" circuit at the end of your workouts twice a week. Something simple like:

1a) Tricep Extension x 12-15
    1b) Lateral Raise x 12-15
    Repeat 3-4 times

Of course, it can be tough to add muscle while losing weight.

In any case, what you're doing is working. And if that's you in the avatar pictures, your arms don't look flabby at all!