Add me for support and motivation!

Options
I'm a 29 year old male, 5'9, 190 lbs. I lost 33 lbs. with mainly P90X and running and would like to lose another 15 lbs. Add me and let's help each other out on our journey!!

Replies

• khaydon83
    khaydon83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm a 30 year old female, 5'7 and an undisclosed weight. I have lost 0 lbs. but my overachieving husband has lost 33 lbs. I'm too competitive to let him get to his goal weight before I get to mine. He has been trying to motivate me, but I've been resistant. I guess I'm going to stop now.
  • w0ops
    w0ops Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm a 30 year old female, 5'7 and an undisclosed weight. I have lost 0 lbs. but my overachieving husband has lost 33 lbs. I'm too competitive to let him get to his goal weight before I get to mine. He has been trying to motivate me, but I've been resistant. I guess I'm going to stop now.

This happened with my boyfriend and I. We started strong .. I lost 10 lbs and he lost 30 lbs and I wanted to punch him in the neck (all out of love of course) ... I've been resisting his attemps to motivate me but I had a sincerely sleepless night last night where I legitimately got out of bed, pulled out my laptop and did research on the LapBand surgery ... and around 5am hit me .. I rather put that money to better use like a new wardrobe when I'm done.

I'm adding you both! Lets kick each others butts in the right direction :)
  • Ryguy08
    Ryguy08 Posts: 61 Member
    Options

Hahaha, good one wifey :)
  • Ryguy08
    Options

This happened with my boyfriend and I. We started strong .. I lost 10 lbs and he lost 30 lbs and I wanted to punch him in the neck (all out of love of course) ... I've been resisting his attemps to motivate me but I had a sincerely sleepless night last night where I legitimately got out of bed, pulled out my laptop and did research on the LapBand surgery ... and around 5am hit me .. I rather put that money to better use like a new wardrobe when I'm done.

Sounds good!
  • ShredEdde
    ShredEdde Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm starting up after being out of the scene… Friend me if you want some full on!
  • Ryguy08
    Options
    I'm starting up after being out of the scene… Friend me if you want some full on!

Will do :)
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    guess I'm the old fart of the thread - 51, 5'9", 250 - out lose at least 80lbs in this new lifestyle (not a diet - a whole new approach to life!)... always looking for more motivation and giving motivation where desired!
  • laschroe
    laschroe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm game! I tend to give up to easily, and it's gotten to the point where my hubby rolls his eyes when I tell him I'm gonna try AGAIN to get healthier.
    BTW, I'm a 32 year old woman, 5'3" and my first goal is 20 lbs, though my super-long term goal would be more like 70.

Add me!!!
  • bunkahes
    bunkahes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I am 30 yrs old and so far lost 20 lbs. Most of the weight lost is from kinect games and zumba. if you want to add me you can, My hubby isnot on the same eating plan as i am. and sometimes its hard, to follow my eating plan.
  • harass33
    harass33 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am 36 and a mother of one and wife to an amazing husband. I am not considered overweight, but still have a pouch from being pregnant 3 years ago and well enjoy beer and wine ;-)

STUPID ABS! lol

I try to workout between 4 to 6 times a week. I am doing the Bikini Body Mommy 90 Day Challenge right now. I have done Insanity and T25 Alpha & Beta. I tend to get board with a workout so I have to change it up or I stop doing it. I eat healthy but still will not resist enjoying the good things in life.
    I have a very F'ed up sense of humor and I try to help others. Sometimes people think I am a "know it all" but I only can tell you what has worked for me and my past experiences. I love to learn from others and need inspiration as much as I try to give it.

Why I want to get in shape
    I have a heart condition (MVP - mitral valve prolapse). For most this never will bother them or even know they have it. Dr.s are 90% sure I will either have to have my valve replaced or fixed in a few years. So the stronger my heart the longer I can put it off. I want to be strong from my daughter and husband. I lost my mother at a young age (65) to heart issues in 2013. I am still not over her loss. I don't want either of them to lose me from something I might have control over.
    I also want to look my best. Admit you feel sexier and are happier when you feel & look this way.
  • Nimco4930
    Nimco4930 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am a 22 year old female 5'5 and weight about 67kg and got about 12kg to lose and reach my final goal woop woop, add me if you want to share some inspirational, motivational, yadda yadda lol quotes :D
  • MizzIcy
    MizzIcy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I am 47 years young and this is my second time on MFP. The first time my experience was so overwhelming with all the support and motivation, not to mention laughs that I reached my goal. Due to being lazy and eating wrong I am am trying to reach it again. Be Friend Me and we can support, motivate and laugh all the way to our goals.
  • poultryofperil
    Options
    I'm a 24 year old woman. I'm 5'5.5, 159 pounds. I've lost 72 pounds in the last year or so, but primarily from diet alone (seriously, the amount of crap I used to eat was astounding). I'm looking for exercise motivation more than anything, and also the whole...self-eteem fail game. Feel free to add me if you want to share motivation and/or when you're feeling like you're crazy because you've come a long way and feel like you haven't accomplished jack ****. I have those days frequently and it really sucks, but you're not alone in that.
  • nettiegunn1
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 38yr old female, and came back to MFP, after a break, in jan.... really need to shift this weight, and hope it works this time. So far I've lost 8lb! and my jeans are starting to slip lol, add me pls :smile:
  • phuckingbadasscutie
    phuckingbadasscutie Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Hi All - I am 30 years old, I was looking to lose weight however, I have now discovered the joys of lifting weight so I am working on that rather than losing. I have 4 kids, all born via c-section (not by choice) and I am not sure I will ever lose my stomach, that is my goal though. I've been lifting for about 5 weeks and I started really using MFP in the beginning of January. Feel free to add me.
  • Ryguy08
    Options
    Friend requests have been sent!
  • khaydon83
    khaydon83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options

I need a kick in the right direction (from someone other than my husband- his attempts at motivating usually make me dig my heels in further). I am excited to start logging my foods, and think the guidelines provided will be easier than the exercise portion of things. For some reason I always find excuses NOT to exercise. I am very busy - but I know this needs to be a top priority. My goal is simple at first - 30 minutes, 3 days a week. So I'm hoping MFP will help keep me accountable.
  • Ryguy08
    Options

I need a kick in the right direction (from someone other than my husband- his attempts at motivating usually make me dig my heels in further). I am excited to start logging my foods, and think the guidelines provided will be easier than the exercise portion of things. For some reason I always find excuses NOT to exercise. I am very busy - but I know this needs to be a top priority. My goal is simple at first - 30 minutes, 3 days a week. So I'm hoping MFP will help keep me accountable.

You can do it!! :)
  • angelforever222
    Options
    Im 34. Lost about 16 lbs so far. I want my hubby to lose with me but I told him I need a running start! LOL!