Tickets for weight gain?

Options
So obviously there are signature tickers for weight loss, but where are the ones for weight gain?

Fitness is not just about losing weight. It can be healthy to gain weight as well. I say that as a 5'11" guy who used to be 130 lbs (now 164 and climbing).

So, MFP, what gives?

Replies

• bobbagene
    Options
    im a hard gainer what do I need to do to pack on muscle?
  • TheMetalMan0
    TheMetalMan0 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Food.
  • kiwicant
    Options
    Food.

and then eat some more.... eat big to get big!
  • Seemberg
    Options
    Ditto - I sent a msg to MFP several weeks ago but never heard back. We have to motivate ourselves, I guess. But we can support each other, so good luck!
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    It would work fine if they would just allow for negative weight loss.

My ticker is about as best as you can do for gaining. The numbers are in the right order, but the checkmark doesn't move and the big goal numbers are stuck on 0.
  • OverDoIt
    OverDoIt Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    the world hates on people dedicated to putting on mass. Bodybuilders are always protrayed as dumb and ego-centric on t.v. and in movies. This is what IMHO contributes to the lack of support. That and most people are overweight and trying to lose in comparison. I agree with all of you.
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Waldo-

Do you make your ticker move yourself over time by updating your weight?

On a similar train of thought...

How much weight does one have to gain for MFP's estimated maintenance intake to actually increase automatically?! I started inputting my weight on MFP finally, and after a 1 lb gain over the past few days, I thought I'd see a 5 cal increase in maintenance. Nope.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    ticker : something so low on my give a fuk scale it took me about 6 months to put 2 and 2 together.