Pre-workout supp?

Options
2»

Replies

• TheSwoleMinister
    TheSwoleMinister Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Best to stay away from PWO's and make your own from stuff you can get cheap on Amazon. Caffeine, creatine mono, beta alanine, and maybe citrulline malate if you're doing a workout with high set volume / minimal rest periods. Really don't need anything else if your natty.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I work in healthcare and am exhausted at the end of the day sometimes. Those are the days are when I'm just dragging my butt to the gym....I would like to try a pre workout...not for use all the time but definitely when I feel sluggish. Has anyone tried ON pre-workout??

I have tried the ON. I like the flavors. I rarely take anything but if I feel like I need a push or am doing a double class I will take something but I think it's mostly mental for me. I did take Cellucor, half a serving for a 7 pm class and didn't go to sleep until midnight. But that could have just been a fluke because I don't get shaky or a tingling feeling from them. I just came back from the Arnold so I have samples so I figured why not.

For a normal am class I drink coffee on the way and I always take L-Carnitine and Cla before my workouts.
  • satisatisati
    satisatisati Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I like the scivation xtend mixes, especially their grape and watermelon...

here's a link to the watermelon: http://www.amazon.com/Scivation-Intra-Workout-Catalyst-Watermelon-Servings/dp/B005CH0DT4/ref=pd_sbs_hpc_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0Z5N118D98KA31B0BSE6

Hi I am new to weight training. My gym coach suggested me to add a BCAA during my workout. I bought Scivation Xtend BCAA Grape escape.
    Could you please tell me its advantages and disadvantages.
  • Reefboy1980
    Reefboy1980 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Most pre workouts will give you that tingle sensation as its from beta alanine which most pre workouts will have. You could just try some caffeine pills to give you that extra kick you need
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    Coffee and creatine for me. (Which is exactly what I am doing now as I prep for the gym this morning.)
  • pdavie92
    pdavie92 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Coffee and a banana.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I normally vote for just coffee, but since I switched to 5am work outs, my stomach doesn't handle coffee that early in the morning. I use Cellucor C4 watermelon. It tastes like a jolly rancher
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    tinglesby wrote: »
    beta alanine is likely the culprit for the tingles.
    if you dont like that, i would just avoid PWOs containing it.

all the ones ive tried have it, but i dont mind it so much.

have you tried just a good strong cup of coffee?

ok cool!! i was wondering what the ingedient was that created the itchy feeling...so cool i will look for some without that!
    but first--i will try a cup of java first! maybe i wont need to drop any $$ at all!! thanks!! :)

Having a stimulant PWO can definitely boost performance but you definitely need to be careful. Regular caffeine is more than enough to boost performance and it's cheap.