Fitbit Flex

Options
I picked up a fitbit flex after a little research. Now, I'm thinking it might not really do much for me.... I recently started getting healthier and am down 56lbs so far. I recently joined the gym and was thinking maybe the fitbit can help me see the accomplishments in not only the gym, but daily use. Does anyone use this who goes to the gym? After reading more reviews, it seems this is aimed more for those who don't really have a lot of activity.
Just curious in seeing everyone's thoughts.
Thanks!

Replies

• cathy3457
    cathy3457 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit Flex! I work a desk job and typically only make like 4000 steps per day. My doctor wants me to do 10000. So when I get home from work if I haven't gotten remotely close to my step goal, it motivates me to head to the gym to make it. It also tells me how long I was active that day. It's also fun to blow the activity and step goal out of the water, it really makes me feel like I've accomplished something. Play around on your fitbit dashboard on the website and look at the charts and graphs it makes. If you've linked it to MFP make sure you log your activity and what time you started doing it so it doesn't double count your calories burned though.
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One and LOVE it!! I work a desk job, so it helps me get up and move more. I am very active at 5a...then moderately active until about 8a when my butt plops down for 8hrs. So now I take the long way to the bathroom, water fountain, break room so I can get more steps. I've added friends and we compete to get the most steps in a day! I workout 6 days a week so its not about how active I am when working out....it helps me stay more active throughout the day!!
  • MindainVA83
    MindainVA83 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your input. I work a desk job also so it sounds like this is going to be great! I'll be setting it up tonight. Thanks again!