Best low cal salad drssing

Options

Replies

• mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I sometimes turn my salads into meals by tossing a homemade meat sauce over the top
  • SandraD1424
    SandraD1424 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have seen some awesome ideas on pinterest for homemade ranch and avocado dressing with lower calories if you like the creamy dressing.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    If you like creamy dressings, check out Bolthouse or Marie's Yogurt dressings. Both delicious!

Another vote for these.
  • richardositosanchez
    Options
    I usually mix lemon or lime juice with a tbsp. of olive oil, sea salt, black pepper and paprika. It gives the salad a zesty zing.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I make my own with 1 packet hidden valley ranch powder, I cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt, 1 cup skim milk and other spices (garlic powder, pepper, curry, etc.). It is low cal and delicious!
  • mscrystallee
    mscrystallee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I use just a high quality EVOO or that and some balsamic . I don't use salad dressings
  • Dottie27
    Dottie27 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Maple Grove Farms Balsamic Vinaigrette with maple syrup, Cherry Republic Sweet Cherry Balsamic Vinegar. I have to watch my sodium and these dressings are low/no sodium. I like the Cherry Republic salsa on salads, too.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I like Good Seasons Cheese Garlic,Ken's Lite Asian Sesame with Ginger & Soy,Ken's Lite Chunky Blue Cheese,and Ken's Lite Creamy Caesar.
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Another poster recommended Marzetti's Sweet and Sour which is 45 cal for 2T. I bought some the other day and it's great!
  • jogy
    jogy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    When I use store bought, I usually add water to it. Just enough that it still tastes great but lowers down the calorie intake.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Seconding the recommendation for Litehouse's Opa Greek yogurt dressings. They're delicious and pack in a little extra protein for not many calories at all. I'm currently hooked on the Caesar, but I've loved feta-dill and ranch too!
  • rainbow118
    rainbow118 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I like Newman's Own Light Sesame Ginger salad dressing and Kraft Roasted Red Pepper Italian Dressing.
  • FitMelody4Life
    FitMelody4Life Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms Honey Balsamic: 0 calories, 0 Sugar, 0 Carbs
  • ballert1
    ballert1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    One of the best sales I have had in a long time comes from a restaurant called "Cheddars" It is a Roasted Pear and chicken salad with a pear vinaigrette. LOOOOOOVE IT
  • SoreTodayStrongTomorrow222
    Options
    I would appreciate peoples opinion on the best no guilt, good tasting salad dressing. Store bought or home made. Also, the best salads with protein like tuna.

This might sound weird, but I just put salt on it. I don't mind "green" tasting things though. I usually eat mixed greens or spinach with a variety of other veggies mixed in...you can even add feta or goat cheese or something... and I just use salt.... I know, weird... but its good and i like it :-)
  • FanasticllyFlawed
    FanasticllyFlawed Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I make my own ranch with plain Greek yogurt (2 cups) add a packet of hidden valley ranch dry-mix and about a 1/4 cup of skim milk (just to get a pourable consistency). Just mix and use for dipping or on salads. You have to re-whip it sometimes, but it tastes great and a lot less calories.

*edited typos*
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I use relatively little dressing, so I don't really care if it's full fat--for 1/2 TB, it's still not going to be a ton of calories. Right now I'm using a 3:1 olive oil/lemon juice blend with dried basil. 44 calories for 1/2 TB, salt-free and sugar-free except for what occurs naturally in the ingredients, and delicious.
  • mfoster1019
    mfoster1019 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I make my own ranch. 2 tbsp reduced fat mayo (not light), 2 tbsp greek yogurt, 1 tsp dry ranch powder (like Hidden Valley). Add water a little at a time to desired consistency. I usually multiply this recipe by 4 and can get about 1.5 weeks worth of dressing. Comes out to about 17 calories per 2 tbsp of dressing.
  • traceleann
    traceleann Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I love Newman's Own Light Balsalmic. I like to add apples for sweetness and crunch. Feta cheese goes good on anything!
  • itzjulz
    itzjulz Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Salsa! The Mexican grocery I shop at (because they've got amazing prices on produce and an awesome selection) makes all kinds of house-made fresh salsas. They have an amazing, spicy tomatillo salsa that is one of my favorite things to use as dressing.