I copy one of Corner Bakery's sandwiches at home:

Small soft sandwich roll

Add....

Roasted, sliced red peppers

Couple slices off a ball of fresh mozzerella

Baby arugula

Small amount of basil or pesto

Dash of balsamic.

I've even added some rotisserie chicken for extra protein.
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    I have a pinterest board of just sandwiches, I get bored easy :)

there are tons of ideas on here.

http://www.pinterest.com/wakko/make-me-a-sammich/
  • kuderstadt
    kuderstadt Posts: 134 Member
    Reuben sandwiches are awesome!!!
  • I don't do sandwiches alot but I have a couple of vegetarian sandwich options in case you get sick of lunch meat.

-tomato slices, fresh mozzarella, basil on toast (i like to put it on baguette bread too)
    -thin sliced dark rye with cucumber slices and low fat cream cheese or greek yogurt mixed with dill and garlic powder
    -diced cucumber, tomato, avocado, and sprouts on wheat or rye with that same cream cheese mixture.

You can also do a "leftovers sandwich". I like to do this with leftover baked chicken and veggies or a beef roast. Just watch your portions!

I also like to pack tacos for lunch. If you have a microwave they are great to break up the sandwich boredom - small corn tortillas (im talking real small, taco size/6"), some lean protein - I like bison or fish, and tons of veggies! I use plain greek yogurt in place of sour cream and usually skip the cheese.
  • Just a note...you should probably limit deli meat intake to once a week. It's pretty bad for you to have too much.

Which part of all natural turkey is bad for me?

They're probably referring more to the sodium and preservatives in regular lunch meats (natural turkey is still pretty high in sodium unless you specifically buy the low sodium kind). If you are buying all natural turkey breast and baking and slicing it yourself, you're probably just fine though!
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Oh my gosh drooling... Thank you so much
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    I love to make chicken salad but I add alfalfa sprouts. I love it.
  • cherys
    cherys Posts: 387 Member
    How about a wrap with lots of diced lean chicken breast, chilli sauce, lettuce, tomato and sweetcorn?

Or a wholemeal bagel with mashed avocado, lemon juice, walnuts, roquette or mizuna leaf, tomatoes and if you need extra protein a piece of parma ham.

Try a classic wholemeal bagel with low fat cream cheese, smoked salmon, lemon juice and pepper.

Wrap with meatballs, spicy tomato sauce (make double portions when you cook and save some for lunches.)

Filo pastry is low fat. Add fat reduced feta, spinach, red onion, sun dried tomato slivers and roll up and bake.

Pitta bread stuffed with salad, reduced fat humous and baked falafels with chilli sauce.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,787 Member
    Swap mayo and cheese for good pesto instead. There are a lot of different kinds, they're delicious and are a good source of healthy fat, and if you only use a tablespoon or so they're pretty low-cal. I'm partial to roast turkey sandwiches with sundried tomato pesto right now!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    bread,vegenaise,mustard,marinated&grilled/roasted portobello,tomato,avocado,sweet pickles,spinach

bread , peanut butter,apples,jam,cinnamon
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Reuben sandwiches are awesome!!!

Oh yes. I just need to figure out a way to make it less than 400 calories.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Hello, take my lunch and sooooo sick of the same rotation for sandwiches. Tuna salad, egg salad ham salad. I have tried salads for lunch but just don't stay with me... Hungry early in the afternoon. I have a very physical job. (Raising and training German shepherds for SAR ). Any ideas would be so appreciated.
    Instead of mayo, mix your salads with seived plain yogurt-which is yogurt cheese. You will cut calories but increase the protein so that you will stay full longer. Add a glass of carbmaster skim milk, only 60 cals but has 11g of protein. Try a mixed bean salad on the side.
  • Just another tip since I packed this today - pack a small bowl of hummus (2-3 TBSP) with half of a pita and bunch of great veggies. I brought that with a spinach salad, banana, and two hardboiled eggs. There are some great tips on this thread!