Thoughts & Opinions Please

Hi all! Okay, so I just need some thoughts on something.

I work out a few times a day. I walk for about 20-25 minutes in the morning (half uphill) and again for 30-35 minutes in the afternoon (again, half uphill). I run a minimum of 1 mile per day and I do some strength training.

Right now I am only tracking the calories I burn from running. I know it's a personal decision, but would you also track the calories from walking and strength training? I have a HRM at home that I can use, but haven't made that decision yet because I am afraid to overeat. I know that's silly, but I am having a difficult time and could use some opinions on this.

I usually just count calories for the number of miles I run. 1 mile = 100 calories. For example, I have a half marathon on Sunday. I will give myself 1310 calories for it since it's 13.1 miles.

Anyway. Just thought I'd throw it out there to see what others do :)

Replies

• AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    I personally don't track the calories burned from weight lifting, but I do for any form of cardio. I think it's just personal preference though
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    You are afraid to over eat? Ummmm.....huh? Maybe we can start with how you set up your account? What level of activity did you list as number of workouts and minutes.....
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    How long have you been doing it this way and what have your results been in that time?
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    OP. I can't answer the question for you, but I may have a few for you to consider as you try and sort it out.
    1. What are your goals?
    2. Is your current method successful at helping you reach/meet that goal?