Mindset change thanks to MFP members :-)

Options
I've learnt heaps of good stuff since being on the forum. I've asked questions and had good, constructive advice and been pointed towards further reading material etc etc.

Today it dawned on me that the cumulative effect of that is a very postive mindset change which can only benefit me in the long run.

What I did before: Set up to lose 1lb a week, not because I wanted or expected that but because it gave me a daily calorie number I felt comfortable with and could easily be under! Logged exercise calories...loved seeing that number grow and calories left/deficit also grow. End result - LOTS of cardio - big numbers to gain there.

What I do now: Set calories at TDEE-10% which is a safety net in case my activity levels aren't quite "every day, intense". Don't log exercise calories, just stay around the TDEE-10%. End result - doing the exercise that's right for me and NOT just calorie-burn-dense! Half an hour to spare - hit the floor for push ups, squats and lunges etc etc.

It feels so sort of free somehow to not be so hooked on the exercise numbers...if you get what I mean :-)

So...what major change for the better have MFP members helped you achieve?

So, thanks MFP pals...