Best running shoes?

Options
2»

Replies

• eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I was curious about this too, I was wondering what it cost you guys (approximately) to get your running shoes professionally fitted? I was hoping to keep under 150?

Paid $100 even. I was actually worried that I didn't get a quality shoe for that price. The next day I saw that the shoe I got won an award from Runners World. I was pleasantly surprised that good running shoes don't have to cost too much.

Mine were $110 (FYI - Brooks GTS). I have found them since online for $60 (!!!! Not sure if that will happen again!) and more recently $80. I was fine with paying the higher price point for my first pair, since I appreciated the time and everything that the person took to fit me. I figured that store deserved my money, at least that first time.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Hoka Stinson Evo, hands down.

Rigger
  • rgunn02
    rgunn02 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    The best running shoes are the ones that work for you and your foot. No other opinion matters.

yes sir!
  • CallMeRuPaul
    CallMeRuPaul Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above. the best shoes are the shoes that work best for you. that being said, I've worn Mizuno's and I found that they tend to wear out fast; however, they are light, stylish and have more of a natural feel, but my feet also tend to hurt. I just bought some Asics Nimbus 15 and those feel pretty good, although, they are heavier than the Mizuno's. My feet felt good after my 5 mile run on sunday. i'm also going to get some Brooks Glycerin (the Cadillac of shoes I've been told). hopefully that's a good thing!
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I like Vivobarefoot Pure and EVO lite
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    1. If you're just starting up again or whatnot then just get a pair of shoes that fit your feet. Brand is irrelevant. If you're not running all the time it won't really matter, as long as they're comfortable.

No necessarily. When I started back up, I did this. Got a pair of Nike at the big box store that felt comfortable in the store, but after running a few miles they killed my ankles. Went to the running store, and they said the Nike weren't supporting my over-pronantion enough. If I had gone to the running store first, I'd have saved myself the cost of one pair of shoes.
  • likehemingway
    likehemingway Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Nike Free 4.0 v3's and I LOVE them. They're great. Very light weight and supportive. Have put 200+ miles on them so far and they've held up super well. The thing about the Free series though is that 3.0/4.0/5.0 are different thickness levels, but the overall trend is a more "natural" feel. Def recommend the 4.0.
  • psychc
    psychc Posts: 28
    Options
    running shoes should be under $100....unless you are in Australia and they mark the price up by about 150%!

That being said, I'm an Asics Nimbus Gel kinda gal