Newbie Introduction:

Options
Hi,

My names Amanda. A personal trainer at my YMCA referred me to this sight. I have been doing a bunch of cardio and some strength in the gym. I am hopping to take my weight loss efforts one step further buy using this site to keep track of my calories. This is the first time that I will be keeping track of calories. I hope that it dose not prove to be to complicated in the long run. It is a little bit now and bit time consuming as well. I am a super busy girl. I am pretty committed to my weight loss goal so I am sure I will be back to this site frequently. I look forward to meeting you all and hopefully making some "fitness pals".

Amanda:)

P.S. If anyone has some favorite, fast, easy, low fat, recipes I'd love for you to share them with me.

Replies

• pcw52
    pcw52 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I believe that you have found the right place. Take a few minutes to thoroughly check it out. there are food suggestions and you can view food diaries for ideas. Great ideas. Exercise diaries can be viewed. great ideas of things that will give you new ideas. The calories burned for loading the dish washer, raking leaves, walking the dog. There are sites that you can figure it out. You can look up the calories in your favorite restaurants and add them in if they are not on the database. You get a lot of encouragement from people just like you. The younger girls have outstanding ideas, so don't be afraid to add people in various age groups. There are groups that may be more your energy level or age. The people on here all share the same goals just some need to lose faster. Like me I have a lot of health problems and injuries. I need to go slower. They encourage me. I have gone in 5 weeks from not walking to actually walking 3 miles in a day stretched out over the course of the day. I need to have less pressure and some girls like deadlines. THIS WILL TEACH WHAT WORKS BEST FOR YOU. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Enjoy. I don't communicate with Face book and stuff like that. I do talk on here and find that the friends are very helpful and I need them. Enjoy.