Getting really discouraged

Options
2»

Replies

• janet67
    Options
    I felt hungry the first two or three weeks when I started counting calories and carbs in April. After about a month my body seemed to adjust to getting less. I eat several small meals a day and drink a glass of water before I eat. I also find that exercise (except for swimming) lessens my hunger for an hour or two after working out. I am 60+ and losing is really difficult for us women after the Big M because the metabolism slows down, but I have lost almost 30 pounds since April. I had to stop exercising for a while because I broke my ankle and injured my knee in July, but counting the calories and carbs seems to be the key and I continued to lose (more slowly) even without exercise. You can look at my food log if you'd like and see that I don't really deny myself foods I love, but I eat smaller portions and I don't eat high cal/carb foods every day.
    Good luck on reaching you goal. Just remember to read labels when you shop and log in everything you eat and. "If you bite it, write it," and you'll do well. ( Look at the pictures on my profile page, (especially the ones of me in the cemetery) and you'll see me at 170 pounds, and I'm barely 5'2". I now weigh 142 and have 22 pounds to go to get to my "healthy weight" for my age and height.
    janet