Quest Bars

Options
2»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    meh, I just don't see why so many people get wood for these things...you'd think they were god's greatest gift or something. personally, they're fine when I'm out on a hike or fishing or a ride or something...I don't really make them part of my daily though.
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I wanted to try these, thanks for the flavor advice.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I love Quest Bars and recommend the same flavors everyone else here has said (except for Raspberry White Chocolate because I've not tried it). Cookies and Cream, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Double Chocolate Chunk are my faves. I really like the Apple Pie one too, probably because of the cinnamon that hits my taste buds. The Cashew Coconut is good too.

It's a matter of taste. I did learn that Quest Bars are soy-free which is helpful to a friend of mine who is allergic to soy. If that's a concern for anybody.

Yes, a lot of other protein bars use soy protein (like Clif, Luna, and Balance bars), and Quest is all whey.

I like coconut cashew the best; I've had the chocolate chip cookie dough and cookies and cream, and to me, they have an odd undertone to the sweetness. I don't mind the chewiness as it then takes me longer to eat one.
  • gloriaeffe
    gloriaeffe Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I love them!
    My favourite are Banana Nut, Coconut and Cashews, and Chocolate Brownie.

I have one or half as a snack in the afternoon when I'm on the run and can't cook anything or when i need to increase protein to reach my macro.

Sometimes after dinner I put half of the chocolate brownie bar in the microwave for 20 seconds or so, then top it with microwaved frozen berries and a couple of tablespoons of 0% fat greek yoghurt: it tastes like an awesome dessert and it's full of proteins!
  • Asphere79
    Options
    Peanut butter and jelly is pretty good. The other peanut butter ones are tolerable. The rest taste like cardboard.