Which is worse? no exercise or exercise without enough calor

cuddlegrl
cuddlegrl Posts: 101 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I am at 1120 calories for the day. So I am already under 1200. I have enough time for about a 30 minute walk/jog on the treadmill and I would burn 200-300 calories. Then I have to go to bed so I can get up for work in 4 hours. No option for food because I am on a time crunch and if I eat now I wont tolerate the treadmill. So do I exercise even though I am already low on calories? Or not. Which is worse? no exercise or exercise without enough calories?

I find myself in these situations a lot. I know its bad to not exercise and I know its bad to go under 1200 net calories. What if you have to choose one?

Thanks!!

Replies

• abricklin
    abricklin Posts: 156 Member
    At your weight, I would skip the calories on days that you are so low. 1200 as it is, is not much for someone in the 160s range, so if you are below that AND working out, meh, skip it. But really try to plan your days better earlier on so that you consume lean protein for extra calories without much fat or carbs to get calories in and get energy for workouts.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    My vote is for exercising and grabbing a glass of skim milk afterwards -- nutritious calories that take no time to get in and help after the workout!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    My vote is for exercising and grabbing a glass of skim milk afterwards -- nutritious calories that take no time to get in and help after the workout!
  • AmyJopp
    AmyJopp Posts: 57 Member
    I always have this problem as well. I usually eat around 900 to 1100 calories. I find it really hard to eat my calories for the day without going over on fat or sugars. If I want to work out when I'm still under I will cook egg whites, they have calories, no fat and no sugar so it's perfect. i will work out than eat the egg whites 1/2 cup or so....either in the microwave with salsa or baked in the oven! hope that helps. working out and eat under calories will throw you in starvation mode.
  • cuddlegrl
    cuddlegrl Posts: 101 Member

I didnt even think of that! Thanks! That'll work!
  • juicydee
    juicydee Posts: 15 Member
    Then don't you go over protein? Does anyone have sample days where they are right on point? i'm at 1200 can't keep under protein and sugar.
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    I don't worry as much about going over on protein. I'm not talking WAY overboard, but I'd much rather be over on protein and under on carbs.
  • dogdaze
    dogdaze Posts: 110 Member
    Then don't you go over protein? Does anyone have sample days where they are right on point? i'm at 1200 can't keep under protein and sugar.

If you eat fruit, it is very hard (my dietician friend says impossible) to stick to the sugar restriction on this plan. Myself, I just continue to eat fruit :smile: but I would not want to bump up the sugar with refined carbs!
This discussion has been closed.