I am getting breast implants!!

Options

Replies

• bettacheckyoself
    Options

I think it's crappy when people write meh or don't do it, when she's already said she is going to do it. Her body, she's made up her mind. Why be negative?

I don't think that was meant as a statement, positive or negative, on whether the OP should have them or not.

I don't think she meant that meh means don't do it. But I do think that she thinks it's not very nice when someone purposely shows a lack of interest when someone is excited about something. Imagine saying "meh" to someone in real life after they express joy over something, I don't think you will get a good response from them (if they don't ignore you).

Hey everyone, guess what? I had MEATBALLS for dinner tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You better be excited for me and congratulate me too, damnit..

I'm not surprised that you would get excited over meatballs.

Seems silly to be so excited over meatballs, doesn't it? Almost as silly as being excited over paying exorbitant amounts of money to a plastic surgeon for a procedure to boost one's fragile ego and bragging about it in public.

Right?

: O ....so after all, your meh did really mean that she shouldn't get it !

There isn't a surprised faced smiley available here, that surprises me.
  • phuckingbadasscutie
    phuckingbadasscutie Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    From a woman who has been blessed/cursed with disproportionately large breasts, my only advice is to be moderate when you choose your new cup size. At 5'3' and 139 lbs I'm a 34 DD or DDD (depending on the brand/style of bra) and when I was 115 lbs I was still a 34 D. I don't have kids yet, so I don't know what'll happen with them then! Now, don't get me wrong. I would have no problem with my breasts if I didn't have to buy clothes. While they are not so large as to look freakish, they do make it difficult to by clothes that fit nicely. If I try on a dress that fits my chest, it's too big in the waist 98% of the time. Button down shirts are almost impossible to fit, and if I find one that fits moderately well I still have to put discreet safety pins in the button placket to keep it from gaping. Blazers and jackets are a problem too, of course. It often leaves me wondering "where do the women with big implants shop?" I pretty much live in knit tops and sweaters even though I really would prefer a more tailored look, but alas... It just gets frustrating. That said, I don't think I'd ever consider a reduction. Oh, and the best sports bra I've found yet for high-impact activity is the "Shock Absorber Run Sports Bra". :-) Best of luck! And if you haven't already experienced it, prepare for men who somehow just can't quite look you in the eye! (I call them boob-talkers when they stare at my chest throughout an entire conversation.)

^^^this. I was blessed (or maybe not blessed) with DD. It seems that everytime I start losing weight my cup size goes up. I just bought a DDD. I have had four kids and nursed them with really no change in them at all. I get a lot of looks and surprisingly touches from complete strangers. It's very odd and drives my husband absolutely crazy! I do have a lot of friends that have opted for the implants route and they love them. Good luck to you and I hope you have a speedy recovery :smile:
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Stay natural.:drinker:
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

I think it's crappy when people write meh or don't do it, when she's already said she is going to do it. Her body, she's made up her mind. Why be negative?

I don't think that was meant as a statement, positive or negative, on whether the OP should have them or not.

I don't think she meant that meh means don't do it. But I do think that she thinks it's not very nice when someone purposely shows a lack of interest when someone is excited about something. Imagine saying "meh" to someone in real life after they express joy over something, I don't think you will get a good response from them (if they don't ignore you).

Hey everyone, guess what? I had MEATBALLS for dinner tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You better be excited for me and congratulate me too, damnit..

Seems silly to be so excited over meatballs, doesn't it? Almost as silly as being excited over paying exorbitant amounts of money to a plastic surgeon for a procedure to boost one's fragile ego and bragging about it in public.

Right?

Point_missed.gif
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    I was delighted with my reduction, I wish I could have given some of mine to you! :D Best of luck with recovery! If it's anything like mine, you may be sleeping for a week straight. ;)

Thank you!! A week? Yikes, I was hoping to only miss three days of work. :/

I had to take 5 days off work to care for a friend after her implants. She could not do anything for herself and needed massive pain pills. If they are placing the implants under the muscle (more natural look i think is the reason) i suggest getting a caregiver just in case. If you don't need her no biggie. But if you do need someone it's best to be prepared.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    I was delighted with my reduction, I wish I could have given some of mine to you! :D Best of luck with recovery! If it's anything like mine, you may be sleeping for a week straight. ;)

I had to take 5 days off work to care for a friend after her implants. She could not do anything for herself and needed massive pain pills. If they are placing the implants under the muscle (more natural look i think is the reason) i suggest getting a caregiver just in case. If you don't need her no biggie. But if you do need someone it's best to be prepared.

True. My friend couldn't wipe herself for 2 days afterwards.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    I'm slightly jealous. No squats for boobs, unfortunately.
    If surgery didn't scare the hell out of me, i'd probably buy a pair too.
  • SEAFOODMAN
    Options
    Enjoy :)

mmmm.....nice :love:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

True. My friend couldn't wipe herself for 2 days afterwards.

My friend literally couldn't move for the first full day. 3-4 days she got up only to us the toilet and needed help getting up and down. She initially took one full week to have the surgery -- it to 2 full weeks to get back to work. She was in pain for about 4 weeks.

She does like them and doesn't regret at all, but getting to that point was painful and something she was not at all prepared for.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    cnr_meh.jpg

I'd like to point out the the person who posted the 'meh' pic is a dude.

Also I 'meh' IRL alllllll the time...
  • ThinkInOregon
    Options
    I know this may be a totally dumb question - but!

Why get breast implants?

Do different women get them for different reasons?

Is it for yourself or for the people looking at them?

OP or anyone - your reasons?

I plan on gifting myself a pair later this year.

I have 22 more pounds I want to lose first. With the 50 I have lost, I have dropped 2 cup sizes, so can anticipate I may even lose another before its all done. I feel they are disproportionately small at this time, and have the potential to be worse.

No man in my life, so not doing it for anyone else but myself. Only time I would have surgery like that for a man would be if they were willing to do something dramatic like have their testicles removed. And we both know that is not gonna happen!
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options

Right?

Point_missed.gif

you looked up a gif ? Man you've got too much time on your hands. You win, I will let you have the last post (because I know you will respond to this one).
  • BeckyGee84
    BeckyGee84 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I was just talking to my boyfriend about getting fake boobs the other night. He could care less, he likes butts better than boobs (good thing I have a nice one). I don't really care about his opinion anyway because I'd be doing it for myself. After 2 c-sections, having my tonsils removed and dealing with two kidney stones all in the past 4 years, I certainly am not scared of pain lol.

How much do they cost? Also, what does the consultation entail?
  • jelie3110
    Options
    Good for you!!! It's been 6 years since I got mine, best decision I ever made! Silicone or saline?
  • jennymendiola
    jennymendiola Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind me asking what size are they now? I have a b cup and I'd love new boobs but my husband says not to worry about it so if he's happy I'm happy .

I hope you love them ! Good luck !

I am currently wearing a 34D bra, BUT they do not fill the cup, they just kind of lay there. I dont want BIGGER, I just want them full again. I am hoping for a full C!
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options

I had mine done on a Friday and was back to work on Monday, it wasn't bad but I have a desk job.
  • jennymendiola
    Options
    Good for you!!! It's been 6 years since I got mine, best decision I ever made! Silicone or saline?

I am leaning towards saline. My mother has saline, and really wants me to do saline as well, she thinks that is a "safer" way to go in the case of rupture. I am 37, and will need to start annual mammograms in a few years, and from what I have researched it is harder for them to detect tumors with silicone.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Don't do it =P

What he ^^^ said!
  • leerobbo
    Options
    This thread needs pictures.
  • jennymendiola
    Options
    I was just talking to my boyfriend about getting fake boobs the other night. He could care less, he likes butts better than boobs (good thing I have a nice one). I don't really care about his opinion anyway because I'd be doing it for myself. After 2 c-sections, having my tonsils removed and dealing with two kidney stones all in the past 4 years, I certainly am not scared of pain lol.

How much do they cost? Also, what does the consultation entail?

I have had two c-sections as well, and I recovered pretty quickly, and I didnt take any pain meds since I was breastfeeding. I think I am pretty tolerant when it comes to pain, but we will see....
    I am not sure on the price, my hubby and my mother are paying for them. I will find out for sure on Monday after my consultation. I am not certain what it covers, but I have a long list of questions for the Doc.