Sweating and my skin...

Options
Exercising/sweating 6 days a week has my skin looking like a teenagers! Need tips for fighting off the blemishes. Thanks for the tips in advanced.

Replies

• MMarcordes
    MMarcordes Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You're never too old for Proactiv. I've been using it for several years and it's great.
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem....nothing like acne and wrinkles at the same time. I try and splash my face with water or a wet wipe after a work out if I can't wash it.
  • caribeals
    caribeals Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    there is a brand called cetaphil (can find at walmart, walgreens, kmart) that is really great for just mild acne. my bro uses it in the shower also for mild back and chest acne as well. just squirt it on a loofah and go to town. it is cheaper than proactive, but is for mild cases. if its heavy acne, i would go the proactive route as well. (i get mine at walgreens, its by far cheaper than ordering it from tv!) :)
  • iamdesiderata
    iamdesiderata Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    make sure your workout clothes are loose fitting enough so that you can still do the activity but it is not tight onto your skin. If you've completed cardio, after your cool down, jump right into the shower. After lifting weights, you won't need a cool down, so again, jump right into the shower! the longer you wait to shower, the more time bacteria has to breed on the skins surface and clog pores. When showering, use a body wash with salicylic acid in it, Neutrogena has several types that work very well, and use an exfoliating scruff or gloves to make sure you slough off dirt and dead skin that can cause acne.

this comes from a long time sufferer and someone who got on top of it :) hope this helps!
  • jmathews
    Options
    My 15yo son uses Cetaphil...my blemishes are definitely mild but I always seem to have them. I'll give his Cetaphil a try. Thanks! I'm considering taking something with me to the gym so I can wash my face immediately after working out...might help.
  • jmathews
    Options
    make sure your workout clothes are loose fitting enough so that you can still do the activity but it is not tight onto your skin. If you've completed cardio, after your cool down, jump right into the shower. After lifting weights, you won't need a cool down, so again, jump right into the shower! the longer you wait to shower, the more time bacteria has to breed on the skins surface and clog pores. When showering, use a body wash with salicylic acid in it, Neutrogena has several types that work very well, and use an exfoliating scruff or gloves to make sure you slough off dirt and dead skin that can cause acne.

this comes from a long time sufferer and someone who got on top of it :) hope this helps!

You hit the nail on the head...I always run errands after the gym. I'm not getting a shower until 1-2 sometimes 3 hours later. Thank you. I definitely will check out the Neutrogena products...so tired of being 43 and my skin looking like a teenagers.
  • jmathews
    Options
    I have the same problem....nothing like acne and wrinkles at the same time. I try and splash my face with water or a wet wipe after a work out if I can't wash it.

lol...got the wrinkles too! I definitely can splash my face with water after working out, at least it would get the sweat/oil off. Better than doing nothing.