Here I am

Options
Nothing gets you motivated to lose weight like the dreaded trip to the doctor for a check-up. Well, I had mine this morning and I happen to have one of those doctors that actually care about their patients. Since the last time I saw him (7 months ago) I have gained an additional 28 pounds, my blood sugar has gone berserk, and I'm knocking on the door to high blood pressure. In short, I'm a physical wreck. So, I saw the concern on his face when he proceeded to chew me out because I had been doing well losing weight etc.

I had to tell him what I'm going to tell you. In mid-October I lost my job and it threw me into a tailspin because it was so unexpected. I packed up my office, went home, and didn't venture out much over the next two months. That includes no gym. Also, it included eating everything I could get my hands on. When I wasn't eating or sitting in my recliner watching TV I was sleeping. Finally, my lovely wife of 21 years knocked some sense in to me. I began looking for work and found a job that not only paid better than my last job, but it is doing something I really enjoy. I started back to work February first.

So, the doctor's appointment coupled with my new job has me looking forward to actually having a future.