Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I'm new here and need friends!

Hi! I'm Erin, and I'm looking to finally lose some weight. I've always been overweight, but I think I've gained at least 50 lbs in the 10 years since high school. I've always been afraid of the scale, but when I saw that I'd reached 240, I knew things had gone too far. I would really like to find clothes that fit me more easily, and I would like to be able to go on a strenuous hike and not get winded! Right now I've got about 75 lbs weighing me down, and I would like to get rid of it!

I've tried several different weight loss techniques with a focus on long-term results, but no matter what diet choices I make, I've never liked exercise. Sure, I enjoy a nice hike every once in a while, but I don't like to go to the gym and bicycling isn't my cup of tea. Recently I found a review of the FitBit Zip on Wil Wheaton's blog, and it inspired me to get one. I've had it for almost a week, and I've actually enjoyed exercising! So that's why I'm here. My Zip works well with this website, and MFP seems to be the ideal place for me to track my food intake. The Zip inspires me to get up and go for a walk when I would normally be lounging around the house.

So, while my new little device gets me up and going, I would like some friends to keep me excited about weight loss and exercise in the long term. For now, to get me started, I'm looking to lose 2 lbs a week. In a few months I may change it to 1 per week, but I'll decide later. I'm looking for lasting results, and I don't want to yo-yo out of this. If anyone is in the same boat, please send me a friend request! I would love the company!